✗im not losing you

It was a quiet morning at The New York Institute, just the regular people who were working on the virtual screens. You walk towards the mission screen, looking for a duty.
"What are you doing?" Your boyfriend asks wrapping his arms around you.
"Looking for a mission." You casually answer.
"I didn't think so." He states as you turn to him, placing your arms around his neck.
And here we go again a typical day, Alec Lightwood telling you not to go on a mission.
"And why not?" You arch a brow.
"Izzy is sick." He mentions.
"So." You shrug "I'm a big girl Alec." You exclaim.
"You're not going." He takes your hands, removing them from his neck.
"I can still decide for my own." You snap, turning your back walking up the stairs towards the weapon section.
"I said no." Alec firmly placed one of his hands on the sword you wanted to take.
"And I just said I can decide for my own." You cockily speak, snatching the sword out of his grip.
You walk back to the mission screen, looking at the location as you see in the corner of your eyes Alec taking out his bow and red arrows "What are you doing?" You asked him as he ignored you making you shrug, focusing back on the screen in front of you.
"Ready?" Alec walks up behind you.
"Ready for what?" You ask not caring to turn around.
"Mission." He answers, making you turn around facing him.
"Nah-uh." You shake your head "Not going to happen." You state "There is a reason why our relationship is still going strong." You point out "We already argue for the left side of the bed, how we're going to survive a mission?"
"It's me or nothing." He clenched his jaw.
"I can always ask Clary."
"Like I said, me or nothing." He steps forward, adjusting his bow on his shoulder.
Even though you loved Alec with whole your heart, moments like these made you wish you were single. You admire him for being so caring and protective but he can overreact sometimes. You even feel like he looks down on you from the fact that you're a woman. Cause it is not a secret that in the Shadow World, the men were still praised more.
"I'm going." You state "Alone."
"Y/n don't make it so tough on me." He snaps.
"I'm making it tough on you?" You repeat, slightly offended "You're the one that's being a pain in the ass right now, not me."
"You know why I'm being like this." He lifts his voice "You know how scared I am of losing you at one of those fuckers outside of this institute." He spits "I'm terrified every single day, you're out there with Izzy. Hoping that you come back safely and that I don't have to spend the night alone." Every single muscle of his body was now tensed "You already know how I am when you're on a mission with Izzy, think about what's going through my mind when you're alone." He reasons "Cause I can't protect you when you're out there alone and it kills me that you think that I'm being an ass while I'm just trying t-"
You cut your boyfriend off by placing your lips on his "It's okay." You say in between the kiss opening your eyes, meeting his "It's okay." You softly whisper, giving him one last soft peck as you feel Alec's muscles relax.
"I-I-I just don't want to lose you." He bites the insides on his cheeks "Not after Max." You placed your head on his chest as he softly kisses you forehead before placing his on it.
"Just forget about the mission." You quietly state as you look up at Alec "Let's stay here for today." You propose as your hands went up to the right side of his shoulder, taking his bow slowly off.
"Indeed." He shortly nods making you smile as you take his hand in yours, interwining your fingers with each other "C'mon." He gestures his head towards your guys bedroom.