✗target

Alright lock your eyes on the target." Alec behind you states as you firmly nod, releasing the arrow that was placed on the bowstring.
The arrow you released landed in the middle of the target as you smiled widely "Looks like you need to watch your back, cause I'm getting pretty handy with this." You turned around, facing your boyfriend.
"Cute." He rolled his eyes "Don't get too confident."
"Are you challenging me, Lightwood?" You raised a brow as the sass was clearly heard in the tone of your voice.
"Maybe." He shrugged "Maybe not." He smirked as you playfully pushed his shoulder.
You turned around, walking towards the target as you removed your perfect released arrow "I wish we could spend more time like this." You faced the naive Lightwood "Together." You sighed.
Alec and Lydia are engaged.
There was nothing more to ad towards that statement. The love of your life is getting married with another woman, easy as that.
It was literally from one day to an other, when your boyfriend confronted you with this idea of his. He saw no harm in it, just a solid partnership. You at the other hand, wasn't all too happy about that. Obviously, you had to deal with the fact that your man was marrying another female.
You tried your best not to show any emotion near jealousy as you saw the two of them together. Which was easier said than done, since they were both together with each other for almost every second of the day.
Of course you talked several times with Alec about how you felt and that you didn't liked this, at all. But conversations with him around his engagement or your feelings, always ended up as a scream contest. So you started to do one of the worst things, you could do in a situation like this.
You kept your mouth shut.
Just agreeing with everything the eldest Lightwood said as your heart broke with every single decision he made. You were scared, cause he was already marrying someone else. You couldn't risk to lose him as your boyfriend too.
"I can't." Alec walked direction you as your head lowered.
He tilts your chin, forcing you to look at him "Even though I want to."
"You're getting married." You quietly state "Tomorrow." You bit the inside of your cheeks.
"It's nothing more than-"
"A solid partnership." You finished his sentence "I know." You sighed.
"I thought we already talked about this." Alec his voice softened.
"I-I know." You stutter "I-I just can't stop thinking about.."
"About what?" His eyebrow raised.
"About us." You eyed him "We're never going to.." You bit your lip "Have our own home." Your eyes daze off "Our own family."
"We still can-"
"Have what?!" You scoffed "A cat?" You snap "Sure let's take two of them and name them Chairman Meow and Church."
"You really want to name our cats-"
"No Alec." You sighed "You're going to marry Lydia." You state "Marry." You point out "Which means you're going to share your life with that person forever. When you are getting that rune tomorrow, you're bonded with her." You exclaim "She will be a part of your life forever and I don't want to sit back and watch the man I love with whole my heart, marry someone else." Alec his facial expression saddened as he stared at you in silence.
The room went silence, none of the both of you dared to open their mouth. You heard the sound of someone clearing their throat as you turned direction the sound, facing Alec his fiancée Lydia Branwell.
"Alec." She smiled at him, ignoring your presence "There are still some things we need to discuss, for our wedding tomorrow." You turned back around facing Alec as every muscle in his body was tensed.
"Y/n you're coming right?" She asked you as you flashed her one of your fakest smiles "I want your opinion on the dress." She walked direction you "Your opinion is important to me as your boyfriend is the one, who is going to marry me."
"I'm sure you look beautiful, whatever sort of dress you're wearing."
"Of course I am." She smirked as you couldn't prevent yourself from rolling your eyes "Oh, is there something wrong?" You could hear the tone in her voice going high, which meant she was being fake and could care less about you.
"I'm fine."
"It's okay if you're not." She fake pouts "I mean, I wouldn't be happy either if my boyfriend would marry another woman." She points out "But I respect you for still being with him, even we both know that's a waste of time." She pursed her lips "It's hard isn't?"
And suddenly you just snapped, it took you long enough dealing with all the sneaky remarks from her side. It was time for you to speak up, there was nothing more you could lose anyway.
"Being a bitch is hard as well, isn't?" You step closer to her "I mean, I respect you for being two faced but don't you get tired of it after a while?"
"Stop." Alec walked over to you and Lydia "Both of you."
"I placed you on the front seat tomorrow, so I can see your reaction when you're faced with the reality." Lydia challenged you.
"Faced with the reality of Alec being married with the most hypocrite woman in the entire Shadow World?"
"I hope you keep it together like this tomorrow, cause I don't want any crying at the wedding ceremony." Lydia snaps.
"The only crying you will see, is my reaction on that hideous wedding dress of yours."
"I'm serious, cut it off." Alec placed one of his hands on both your and Lydia her shoulders, keeping you both apart.
"Oh yeah? why don't you go back-" Before Lydia could finish her sentence Alec stepped in between the both of you.
You and Lydia both shoved him out of your faces as he was pushed harder than intentionally, making his back hit the wall as he gritted through his teeth.
You didn't even face your boyfriend once as your attention was set on Lydia right in front of you, thinking about the comebacks you were going to make towards her.
"Okay." Alec lifts his voice, making you and Lydia both turn your heads towards his direction "I had enough of this." He states "We're done." He clenched his jaw as your heart dropped into your stomach.
"Just what I thought." Lydia smirked at you.
"I'm calling off the engagement."
"WHAT?!" You and Lydia screamed at the eldest Lightwood.
"You can't do that?" Lydia walked towards him "Our wedding is already planned, everything is set."
"Well good." He eyed Lydia.
"Good?" She asked confused "There's no wedding tomorrow."
"There will be a wedding tomorrow." Alec walked over to you "Just not between the two of us."
Your eyes widen as Alec takes your hands in his "B-but you said we were done." You met his gaze.
"Done with the first stage in our relationship." He smirked "I never mentioned anything about not getting married."
You gulped before jumping in your, you guess fiancée his arms as you embraced him tightly "Is that a yes?" Alec sarcastically mumbled in your ear as you nod your head in response as it was placed on his shoulder.