eleven

eleven—

it had been a few days since hoseoks encounter with yoongi at the gas station. it had left him anxious but he quickly got over it.

he had nearly forgotten about meeting the guy until he caught himself daydreaming in the middle of work, causing him to remember things from a few days ago. it made him knit his eyebrows together once again in wonder.

"hey hoseok!" someone called for him. hoseok turned around from his work, arranging the utensils in the back of the coffee shop he worked at, and smiled when he saw one of his fellow coworkers.

"oh hey ravi... or wonsik." hoseok said, brushing his hair to the side sheepishly. his friend was one of his rapper buddies, and he had gotten a little used to calling him ravi like he had done at gigs.

"you doing anything after this?" wonsik asked him, a curious smile on his face.

"im probably going to go home and sleep." hoseok said with a sigh. "i'm really tired."

his whole day had been full of dealing with angry and frustrated customers, keeping track of the countless orders that were shoved into his arms with no instructions, and handling himself around bossy coworkers that tired to tell him how to do his job. frankly, his friend wonsik was the only one who he could have a decent conversation with without wanting to whack upside the head in aggravation.

wonsik laughed at him, "same with me. you wanna go to a place and eat? you look like you could take a load off."

hoseok shrugged. "yeah sure, why not?" he didn't have a problem with going out with his friend to have some down time. he'd probably have to call jin and explain why he would be home later than usual though. the older usually kept up with them all so worrying him would surely take a toll on everyone who was currently resting at home.

"nice! meet me out front after work!" wonsik smiled and walked away, leaving hoseok to finish his current task.

when he was finished with everything that he had to do, he gathered his things and left, seeing wonsik waiting where he was told to meet him. his friend stood outside, chilled air blowing past him making him clearly colder than what he was used to.

"which place are we going to?" hoseok asked him. wonsik gave him a small smile.

"well i figured we could just go to the small diner across the street. it's always... warm," he laughed. "warm and welcoming there." wonsik told him. hoseok laughed along with him and looked across the street to the diner.

"sure." he spoke.

the two crossed the empty street with ease and went inside, chatting while they waited to be seated. when they finally sat, hoseok and wonsik ordered a small meal and ate, talking amongst themselves about life and even their own views on work.

"i can't believe you've actually worked at the coffee shop for so long. how do you manage to put up with all of those guys?" hoseok questioned with a sigh, sipping the sweet iced tea he had ordered earlier.

when he asked how wonsik managed, he was being completely straightforward. he wanted to know the secret behind his calm demeanor towards their rude team when working.

"i manage. sometimes i almost can't handle it and get close to snapping at someone, but i keep in mind that if i'm nice to them, they might act nicer later."

"really?" hoseok hummed. what he said made sense. he nodded vaguely and drug his eyes to his friends carefree orbs, "i've only been there for a little while so i guess you might be right."

soon enough hoseok finished off his whole glass of tea, and he wanted more. but their waiter hadn't dropped by at all, so he decided to go ask for some.

"i'll be right back," hoseok told wonsik. he tapped his cup, letting the other know he was going to refill it.

"sure, take your time." wonsik's lips curved up slowly into a small but assuring smile.

and hoseok got up, feeling bad for leaving the table in the middle of a conversation. even though he was sure he was being wary enough not to inconvenience his friend, now he was pretty sure that he had managed to make wonsik a little disappointed with him.

hoseok paced to the front, searching for the dispensers on his own accord. when he spotted them, he began to approach them, nimbly scooting around other tables and being careful not to bump anyone.

then suddenly he ran into somebody, stumbling backwards to fall on the ground. his cup was knocked from his hand, plummeting to the ground with a clattering noise and the ice once inside it going everywhere. everyone in the restaurant turned to look at them.

"ow..." he tenderly placed a hand on his hip in pain and rubbed it gently. then he looked up and blinked apologetically at the guy he ran into. he hoped it wasn't that big of a deal being he was already embarrassed by falling down and spilling his cups contents in the process.

"watch where you're going punk," the guy said angrily, and stomped off. the entire restaurant had lost interest by now and were all back to eating their food.

hoseok watched him go, confused. what was his problem? he didn't do anything to him. yeah, he ran into him but could he could have at least helped him up.

he huffed as he stood up, straightening his clothes and brushing his rear clean of an dust particles.

"are you okay sir?" the waiter had been responsible for his own table up to him hastily.

"yeah i'm fine," hoseok grunted. he really didn't want to speak with the waiter now. he hadn't been checking with them like normal waiters do, so this was partially his fault too.

that thought in mind made hoseok shake his head. who was he kidding, it was obviously his own fault for not paying attention.

"i'm sorry i couldn't get back to you sooner, my manager called for me..."

"it's fine." hoseok brushed past the protesting waiter and walked away he went back to the table and set the empty cup down on the flat surface, crossing his arms.

wonsik looked at him from across the table, "did something happen?"

"it's nothing." hoseok sighed, "im just having one of those days... are we done?" wonsik, from across the table, cast him a glance. hoseok noticed it, but he didn't say anything to him. it wasn't exactly his business to know about his inner struggles.

wonsik nodded slowly, and lightly laughed. "yeah, sure." his laugh broke a bit of the ice that had frozen between them and hoseoks smiled back at him.

"well i've gotta go." hoseok stood to his feet.

"same, i'll see you at work."

wonsik and hoseok left the diner together and bid farewell to each other at the door.

hoseok hugged his jacket tightly to himself, rubbing his arms roughly to generate warmth through them. what was with all of the encounters lately?

first yoongi, a guy he basically made out with as soon as he met him.

then the guy at the diner. who obviously didn't like him even though they had just met really.

he almost didn't even want to go back into town in fear of meeting someone else that would make him remember them in some scarring way.

yoongi's face popped up in his mind.

well, yoongi wasn't too bad. he hadn't done anything too bad or anything just yet in attempt to get hoseok's number from him. so maybe he had been suspicious for nothing after all.

a long and smooth sigh escaped his mouth and into the cool night air, making a semi-big smoke cloud near his mouth. he just kept on trudging down the sidewalk, listening to the night sounds around him on his way home.

//i had a migraine all day
and i couldn't do anything about it ugh