fourteen

fourteen—

ever since the incident on that fateful night, when yoongi suddenly slipped out of the shadows and defended hoseok from wonwoo's hostile approach on him along with the two others with him, hoseok had begun to feel better around him.

but that didn't mean he wasn't nervous to see him. in fact, he was indeed nervous if not anxious. so nervous, that to be around him or even near him made his stomach churn. he had barely managed to avoid him for three days straight at this point. dodging the texts and calls from yoongi who wanted to know if he was okay or why he wasn't answering. and he was also successful in hiding from the guilt of ignoring his supposed friend for three days, now going on four.

hoseok set the plate down into the sink with urgency, causing a small splash to travel over into the sink beside his and splatter over his coworkers arm. the other turned to glare at him briefly before wiping his arms on his apron and stomping off to work somewhere else.

hoseok watched him go apologetically, ears burning at the embarrassment that slipped into his chest. yet annoyance followed it soon after, making him roll his eyes. it was another typical day of work for him, and thankfully a friday. but they were busier than ever due to all of the people getting off of work and wanting a drink or two.

"hoseok!" a loud voice shouted. he looked up from the last dish he had to scrub clean. his eyes were met with his co-manager. and unfortunately the bossy one.

"yes?" he politely said back, maintaining his composure towards the owner of the angry voice.

"hurry up and go take orders!" the manager ordered, the notepad in her clutches being scribbled upon before she marched away to make someone else's life miserable.

hoseok sighed and set the now clean plate into the rack, and dried his hands on the small side towel. "he right there!" he yelled after her.

grabbing a spare notepad and pen from the messy basket of extras, he carefully slipped around the cooks and other workers to the door, leaving the humid and hectic kitchen.

hoseok had always been glad he didn't apply as a kitchen worker. otherwise he would have to put up with the majority of the snobby employees that worked behind the scenes all the time. he found it much better talking to customers and the cashier who were nicer that the ones in the back who did nothing really but order others around to do their jobs.

he pushed open the door, leading out into the serving area and stopped in his tracks, spotting someone sitting at a table in the corner, watching him with an amused expression on his face.

of course the smug expression belonged to no other.

yoongi.

hoseok spun on his heel and flew back through the door, running into a confused wonsik.

"what is he doing here?" hoseok hissed in a loud whisper, pointing quickly at yoongi through the door.

wonsik looked out at the man. he had that playful smirk on his face, eyes averted from the door he had vanished through and and he seemed to be waiting to have his order taken.

"what, do you know him?" wonsik asked.

"sorta yeah." hoseok looked away from wonsik and at the floor, finding his shoes interesting suddenly.

"hoseok!" a loud voice shouted once more.

he jerked his head up, seeing his co-manager from before now standing beside wonsik.

"y-yes?" he stuttered.

"i told you! hurry up and go take orders! we're busy today!"

hoseok flinched at the demands and swallowed hard. here he was. coming face to face with someone he had been trying to avoid but now he was being forced to talk to him. but he didn't really have a choice. or he would lose his job.

he pushed back through the door, walking slowly out into the area and scanning the room for other customers that needed their orders taken. sadly, there were none. only yoongi eyed him with an impatience that said 'hurry up'.

fisting his notepad and pen in his hands, he leisurely approached the older. as he got closer, yoongi only watched him with his brown beads for eyes, eyes twinkling with a mischief humor that only his mind understood.

"why are you of all people here?" hoseok asked him, whispering lowly so no one would overhear his words and figure out that he knew this customer.

yoongi merely chuckled. "to play with you." he mused.

hoseok rolled his eyes in response to this. "what would you like?" he asked, voice coming out in a sharper way to show he was a bit annoyed but really embarrassed. hoseok was sure his cheeks were pink by now. he could practically feel it. yoongi thought for a moment before smiling happily. presumably making a delightful decision in his head.

"a caramel macchiato with a side of..." he grabbed hoseoks arm and yanked him down moving his mouth to his ear, "you."

hoseok blushed deeper now, his lightly tinted pink cheeks dipping to a dark red. yoongi smirked up at him as hoseok jerked his arm free of his grip, and he sped off to the back to place his order and hide in a closet. he leaned up against the wall once he found a still place not exactly busy with action, his face still red from yoongi's words. he placed a hand on his forehead, his skin hot to touch unlike his chilled hands.

"calm down." he murmured to himself. why was he getting so worked up about yoongi? because it was embarrassing. the cheesy line he used on hoseok, was embarrassing. he hoped no one overheard the phrase, but then again, he slightly enjoyed it. the happiness that filled him when he realized yoongi was interested in him. and trying to get closer — even if it was the wrong route to start in.

a raspy sigh escaping his lips, he picked himself up and went to get yoongi's order when it was ready.

it didn't take long to make, being one drink for one guy, so hoseok didn't really have that much time to recover. he left the back, his face still shimmery with pink and went over to yoongi's table.

he set the drink down, crossing his arms afterwards, "there."

yoongi watched him set it down, and then looked up at him expectantly. like he was waiting for something.

"what?" hoseok muttered.

"i didn't get all of my order." yoongi stated bluntly, propping his head up with his arm against the tables surface. he said it with so much plainness, that it was almost like the fact was common sense and he had actually been expecting to get everything he asked for.

hoseok went beat red once again and shuffled awkwardly away.

yoongi's eyes followed him as he walked away, a light chuckle being released from his lips as he sipped at the drink just brought to him.

the drink hit his tongue and saliva began to flood his mouth. the liquid was almost too perfect to be considered an actual drink. a drink couldn't be this... flawless. that's what this drink was, a cup of perfection. he swiped his tongue across his top lip, savoring the sweet taste and the exact balance of cream and sugar. a smile graced his lips once again as he thought. it was only sweet because hoseok had touched it. a deep chuckle resonated from deep within his chest.

hoseok. what an interesting guy. all smiles and a literal sunshine just by standing next to him. yet a sexy fucker with a nice body that yoongi's eyes couldn't get enough of. he couldn't get enough of hoseok in general. he was addicted to his reactions. his laugh. his smile. he was addicted to him.

so he was glad he was given the chance to be close to hoseok. even if it was just as a friend.

//yo
three day weekend
im hype