sixteen

sixteen—

it had been a week since the hectic day at work when yoongi decided to show up. hoseok had hung out with him a few times during the quick seven days, but not too much. he still had his ways of managing to avoid the older man.

hoseok smiled to himself as he opened the door. laying there in the doorway was a box, addressed to him. today was his birthday. all of his friends had left to go get him gifts so he was currently home alone. he had told them he didn't need anything but they all insisted because he was so nice to them. he still tried to tell them he didn't deserve anything though.

hoseok bent down, and lifted the semi-large box into his arms. he closed the door with his foot and brought the box to the kitchen table and set it down.

his eyes scanned the box for any sign of what it was. his eyes stopped at the name of the sender. he almost immediately rolled his eyes and moved the box off to the side. it was from wonwoo.

he set the box up against the wall and rested his hands on his hips. wonsik must have forced him to send it as an apology for the restaurant and park. after all, the day he came back to work wonsik continuously apologized for wonwoo's behavior and even told him about how harshly he scolded wonwoo.

a few light knocks broke hoseok out of his thoughts and he wondered who could be at the door. he wasn't expecting anyone so it must be another delivery.

he pulled open the doors and his eyes widened in surprise.

"yoongi!" he exclaimed, mouth agape. he hadn't been expecting to see him today. yoongi had been busy recently with his own job and his current projects in composing. occasionally hoseok had joined him in the studio, and just those few visits told hoseok just how much yoongi worked himself.

"come on." yoongi said, jerking a thumb back to his car. "get in."

hoseok didn't move at all. "where are we going?" he blinked.

"just get in. it's your birthday right? let's go have some fun!" yoongi didn't answer his question.

hoseok looked at him suspiciously. he hadn't mentioned his birthday at all to yoongi, not ever going near the topic of birthdays or anniversaries, so how he knew, he had no idea.

a sigh left his lips, "let me go slip on some clothes."

hoseok was still in his pajamas because he had the day off from work. it being his birthday and all. and he had thought he would enjoy a nice, peaceful day away from his workplace, apparently fate wouldn't have it that way.

he put on some skinny jeans and a white t-shirt covered by a loose jean jacket.

when he came back down, careful to have everything he needed, which wasn't much, he noticed yoongi's eyes look him up and down. they lingered on his legs a little longer than a few seconds and hoseok felt oddly satisfied by it. he didn't know why.

they both hurried to his car and got in, driving away from his home and down the street.

hoseok glanced shortly at yoongi, wondering where they were going and again, how he knew it was his birthday.

almost on cue, yoongi smiled.

"you must be wondering how i know it's your birthday." hoseok nodded slowly. "well i asked namjoon."

"you know him?" hoseok asked him in curiosity. not having known yoongi knew his friend.

"yeah, we rap together sometimes." hoseok settled back into his seat, nodding again. he knew namjoon rapped because he did himself at times, but he didn't know namjoon rapped with anyone else.

"can you please tell me where we are going?" hoseok asked, changing the subject and desperate now for his brain to settle down. he wanted to know if he was being kidnapped, or not.

"i can't. it's a surprise." yoongi brushed his question out of the air like it was nothing. he sighed.

pouting slightly, hoseok looked out the window with his arms crossed. hopefully wherever yoongi was taking him was safe and if it was, fun for the both of them.

//y'all im hungry