thirteen

thirteen—

yoongi helped hoseok get to his car and decided to drive him home.

"i was overhearing what he was yelling about..." yoongi said, taking a glance away from the road to hoseok who was staring straight ahead. "were you really out with wonsik tonight?

hoseok nodded meekly and sighed, "we were tired from work so we went out somewhere."

yoongi chuckled humorously, "no wonder he was so mad. he's really overprotective of him."

"yeah no kidding." hoseok grumbled, rubbing his cheek tenderly as if to remind himself of exactly how protective he was. obviously painfully overprotective.

it was silent for a small moment.

"how's your cheek?" yoongi asked suddenly. he was desperate to get rid of the annoying silence that had draped over them like an itchy blanket.

"it feels better." hoseok told him. he smiled a tad bit when the memory of yoongi hitting wonwoo, for his sake, came back to him.

yoongi only nodded once more, his gummy smile still on his face. "that's good. maybe when you should put some ice on it when you get back."

"yeah, maybe i will."

hoseok glanced at yoongi hesitantly. why was he being so... nice now? it wasn't that he was mean before but he seemed a little... different now. hoseok bit his lip, wondering if he should ask. hoseok decided asking was a little uncalled for but he just–

"hey yoongi..." hosoek started slowly.

yoongi hummed in response.

"do you think that that night..." hoseok dragged off, still wondering if he should ask him. because if he wasn't going to now was his chance to wave it off. he looked out the window so he would avoid yoongi's curious glances.

"could mean something?" yoongi finished for him. hoseok jerked his head back to face him, surprise etched on his face. yoongi's lips turned upwards into a small smile, "yeah... i do."

hoseok grinned at his words. "well then," hoseok giggled to himself, "okay. i guess i'll give you the chance to be my friend." hosoek cast yoongi a mischief glance, "for now."

yoongi rolled his eyes in annoyance, a scoff coming from his mouth, "really?"

hoseok looked at him, nervousness gone completely and his teasing smirk still plastered on his face. the ice had been broken.

"you stubborn man-child." yoongi grumbled to himself, making hoseok start laughing loudly.

yoongi tried to suppress the large grin that threatened to overtake his face, but he totally failed when his upcoming grin turned into a hearty laugh full of actual amusement.

of course he couldn't help it.

hoseok was doing things to him.

//what types of things hm?