eighteen

eighteen—

the moment hoseok felt the invisible force called air and wind hit him, he was suddenly glad that yoongi was forcing him to do this. because he was already having fun.

he was falling, but he felt like he was floating. or better yet, flying.

he moved his arms out from his sides, slowly opening up his eyes fully prepared to see just what he was experiencing. the goggles that shielded his eyes were a bit disorientating, but he looked through them urgently anyways.

it was beautiful.

his mouth turned up into a big smile, eyes traveling along the earths features below. everything was small. miniature in his eyes, like he could step on it and it would only be a small toy or rug.

mountains formed small blotches in what was a majorly green area dotted with brown and gray from cities and roads. he could see a face. the face of the earth. and it beckoned him, seemingly smiling gently at him with the shift in the wind.

the air itself zoomed past him, and the wind raced up and around his body, grasping him in its clutches like gentle hands. as he looked back at the face below, the wind crawled up his body and raced through his hair, ruffling it like a tornado. the earth was telling him what seemed like two words.

good job.

it was a change for him. he never would have done this by himself. never at all. if not for the coaxing and blunt words of yoongi, he wouldn't have dared.

hoseok let a loud whoop into the air, moving his arms to spin around. moving his body with ease, being the dancer he is, did flips and happened to catch yoongi doing the exact same thing with reluctancy in his movements. he would shout. shout and scream random things into the air. hoseok didn't understand his words, but he didn't judge him either. what a time it was they were having.

eventually, hoseok decided to dive faster, examining the land underneath him for anything with familiarity. he saw nothing but a supermarket that appeared recognizable. he couldn't even spot his own home.

he tore his eyes away from the ground he plummeted weightlessly towards, and looked around for yoongi. he wasn't anywhere near him. he swerved around, fear suddenly beginning to sprout up in his chest and form a lump in his throat he proceeded to choke on.

when suddenly, something big rammed into him, startling him from his thoughts and making him curse loudly.

a familiar yet breezy chuckle came from the random entity, and he realized it was yoongi.

"don't be so tense!" yoongi shouted over the wind. hoseok nodded slowly to him.

yoongi grabbed his arm and moved out in front of hoseok, all the while grinning. the older grabbed his other arm and spread out his arms. hosoek looked at him curiously, wondering what he was doing. that was when he noticed the spark in yoongi's eyes. the blazing spark that said clearly, that was was enjoying this.

"hoseok!" yoongi shouted, "give me your hands!"

hoseok hesitated. he didn't know what he would do, but they were way up in the air, falling to their deaths, what could yoongi do that would affect him in the slightest now?

hoseok held out his hands and yoongi took them, now smiling happily. then, he realized what he was attempting to do.

the two spread out their limbs with wild expressions on their faces. they continued to plummet to the ground, yelling in jubilance and adrenaline pumping through their veins.

all the while, clutching each other's hands tightly until they reached the ground, together.

-

yoongi and hoseok laughed together as they went home, cracking jokes about how terrified hosoek had been and how stupid yoongi looked when he did tricks in the air. and of course, about how they completely forgot about the guide that was with them.

"well that's something to remember me for," yoongi grinned the type of grin that hurt your cheeks, "i took you skydiving on your birthday and it was awesome."

hoseok grinned also, "thanks for forcing me."

yoongi glanced at hoseok, taking a brief look at his legs, "no problem hoseok."

he pulled to a stop outside hoseoks house, and pressed a button to unlock the car doors. hoseok pushed open the car door with a light shove, and turn around to smile at the other.

"see you later hoseok." yoongi said. something about saying goodbye to hoseok made him sad. he didn't want today to end really, he felt like they finally had something.

hoseok spared him a small wave before shutting the car door gently. he had had fun. he had messy clothes, messy hair, and a messy grin. he probably appeared crazy at first glance, but if you saw the glint in his eye, you'd see it wasn't exactly insanity that had him feeling this way on the inside too.

if you looked close enough, you'd see it wasn't insanity or wild sex or a party or some girl that had him feeling this way.

he opened his door, and looked back to the curb where the other was watching him still. yoongi shot him a smirk, and drove off down the street, disappearing around a street sign.

it's definitely wasn't the skydive that still had his adrenaline spiked. for its what you call most cliche things between two people.

love.

hoseok proceeded to shut the door and tug his shoes from his tingly feet, a result from being in the air. his eyes seemed to soften as he thought to himself.

see you later yoongi.

//book is coming to an end soon

woah this chap wasn't originally supposed to be so emo

but i made it that way, merry halloween and happy fourth of christmas !!