Chapter 5: Ramon & Ms.Kugler

SAM

I quietly opened the door to my house. I was trying to sneak in. It was damn near 2 in the morning and I'm just now coming in from my graffiti gang. We were had got a couple of building downtown.I did words of wisdom, most people do that art shit. Don't get me wrong,graffiti is art, but it's also has a true meaning,drawing a damn dick...what's the meaning to that shit? I closed the door quietly and turned around. I started to walk down the hall but I heard a voice.

"Samantha Carver," My moms voice filled the air.

I was scared to turn around. She might be right behind me,or God she could be in front of me.

"H-Hey Mama,"I said weakly.

"Don't you hey mama me! Where the hell have you been? Do you know it's damn near 2 in the fucking morning little girl?" She shouted.

"Mama calm down,this was a one time t-"

"Hell no it wasn't! This has happened way to many times before and I let it slide! I'm going to ask you one more time Sam."

The light turned on and I saw my mother. She had her bonnet on her head and her red silk robe on.

"Where the fuck have you been?"

"With some friends ma-"

"You think you grown now! Hanging out with them fast tail little girls! I saw that girl with the black skimpy dress"My mama ranted.

I rolled my eyes. She was obviously talking about Ella.

"I don't know why you t-"

"All I've done and you want to go out acting like a hoe?" She stood up coming face to face with me.

"I ain't no h-"

"Listen,this is my house. I give the damn rules. Until you pay some bills in this here place you can stay out 'till two. Do you understand me?" She asked.

I was kind of frightened because she doesn't talk to me that way. Usually our fights blow over and were cool again with the next hour or two.

"Mama-"

"I said do yo-"

"Will you stop cutting me off! Let me speak damn!You always say shit and you never hear my side of the damn story!" I shouted back.

I pushed her a little bit. She looked at me. Her eyes turned black. I've only seen her look like this once,and that was when my uncle...another story for another day.

"Get out!"She said.

"Mama I'm sorry!I ain't mean to push you," I cried.

"Get out,before I do some shit I regret," She turned around not facing me.

Tears started to put down my eyes. Where will I go?
I never did anything like this. What the hell is the matter with me?

"Mama!"

"In the morning you have to go. I'll call your grandmother. Thats the most I can do for your ungrateful ass," She said.

She turned around and went down the hall leaving me by myself. Here I was, 16 years old, and already getting kicked out my mothers house. I laid my hands on my mother. What the hell is the matter with me? I closed my eyes and started down the hall to my room to pack. My mother never plays. Even when she means some shit she means it.

After packing whatever clothes and shoes I had, I laid down. My pillow soaked with tears.

What am I turning into?