Chapter 31

Chapter 31

The cave looked like the night sky; jet black scattered with glittering diamonds. Water trickled down the cold face of the walls causing the rock to discoloured to a vivid violet, green and gold when the touch caught it with its amber warmth. The water looked as if it was oil was dripping from the roof of the cave as we ventured deep into the mouth of the cave. We walked for what seemed like half a mile or so when we reached a fork; the cave channelled off into two different directions both dark and dank looking. Which why were we to go? Both did not look appealing to me! However, Abbie did not even pause to think of the way and took the left passageway and we sound entered into the belly of the cave.

The main camber was lit with candle light casting a golden glow against the abyss of the walls. The candles sat in grooves that had been worn into the rock over the years. White hot wax dripped down the walls like blood as the candles burnt away. The chamber smelt like lavender and chamomile, a musky scent that was coming from the incense; it bellowed out fragrant smoke that filled our airways making my chest tighten. Hung from the roof was sheer golden material that had a pearl sheen to it from the candle light and in the midst of the fabric was a mass of ruby red pillows made from silk, velvet and cotton, on the floor lay what looked like animal fur.

"This is beautiful," whispered Cain as he gazed in awe. I had to agree with him as I took in the chamber.

That when I saw something. Movement from the corner of my eyes caught my attention and that when I saw her.

She was dressed beautifully; her top stopped just under her bust, it was made from dark brown leather that reached her slim pale neck. The sleeves were sheer and a morning blue colour. Her chest was wrapped in fine duck egg blue silk. Her skirt was made from golden silk with a light blue undertone and around her slim waist was a gold belt. She had nothing on her feet as she slowly made her way to the centre of the great chamber.

Akasha herself was tall and slim with chestnut brown hair that cascaded down her slim back in waves like a river. Her hair was threaded with golden beads and pearls and sat upon her forehead under a fringe of hair was a golden circlet with a sapphire eye staring back at us. However, the most unsettling thing about her was her eyes. Unlike mine, Akasha's eyes has no pupil her eyes were solid white black veins wrapped around her almond shaped eyes descending into her hairline. Her bottom eyelashes had been threaded with diamonds. Her head was covered in a gold sheer hood that attached at her neck with a gold pin. Around her wrists were bracelets of gold and on her slim hands were rings of different stones.

"who is there?" her voice was like a song that echoed around the cave sending shivers down my spine. She was powerful and every fibre of my being knew that she was.

"Akasha," Eve called out loving seeping through her words, "It is me, Eve." A smile broke across Akasha's face causing my heart to almost stop as her smile was the most beautiful thing I had ever witnessed. Akasha's essence and being made you love her and she screamed of power but not in a way that terrified you.

"Eve?" Akasha's face scrunched up in confusion. "Are you alone? I feel... strange." She clasped her head and her other head shot out to catch the wall. Cain suddenly flew forward to catch Akasha as she collapsed into a heap in his arms. "Who are you?" she mutter sinking low into his arms.

"Hey baby sis," Cain muttered low as she lowered her onto the mass of cuschions as Abby and Eve rushed forward.

"My darling," Eve muttered stroking her forehead as Cain withdrew.

Akasha muttered, "Baby sis?" in confusion as she slowly sat herself up. "Eve what is going on?" she asked looking as Eve unseeing.

"I have brought two guest to see you," Eve smiled as Akasha frowned more.

"Who are they?" she asked.

"I have brought Cain Clearwater and Cinders," Eve announced. "Your family." She smiled as Akasha face lit with wonder.

I could help the smile that formed on my face. I was finally meeting my true family and everything seemed right in the world in a strange sort of way. I wanted to find the rest of my family, Earth and Wind. A small part of me was terrified as one false move could mean the end of the world as we knew it but another part of me was filled with excitement as I watched the reaction of this beautiful creature at the very thought of meeting her elemental family.

So this a short chapter but it's the next part of the story and I've only just started writing again! May take me a little time to get back in the flow of things.

I am very grateful to anyone who carries on reading this! It's been a while.