Chapter Ten

"For making an amazing cover that I will put up at the side when I work out how to do it!" - Abbie xxx

Chapter Ten

Robert’s POV

“But I don’t want to go.” Iris pouted at her father.

“It will be good for you sweetheart,” John smiled sadly at her as she crossed her arms. “Gives you time to think,” he finished.

“But I don’t need time to think,” she sulked.

“You’re too cute,” I muttered laughing to myself at her childish behaviour.

“No I am not,” she snapped hearing my comment. She glared, “I’ll set you on fire,” she growled as I laughed even harder at her threat. Her eyes started to flicker golden and ruby.

“Come on Iris,” I gave her my best smile. “It’s only for a few days,” I reassured. “Anyway it will be like a holiday,” I grinned.

“No,” she stamped her feet glaring at me.

“Please,” I gave her my best puppy dog eyes and I saw her once harsh expression soften.

“Fine,” she sighed as I grinned.

Iris’s POV

I kind of wanted to go but I was scared too. I didn’t want to be alone with Robbie too long. I wasn’t too sure if it was me or him that I didn’t trust. I sighed heavily throwing a few clothes into a bag and some other stuff that I thought I might need. We were leaving today.

A knock came at my door. “Iris Princess,” Robbie’s voice sounded behind the white door.

“Yeah,” I smoothed out my hair.

“Are you nearly ready?” he popped his head around the door, giving me a little smile.

“Yeah,” I looked at my battered old bag. “Just need a few more things,” I sighed throwing the rest of my crap in before zipping it up.

“Good,” Robbie came into the room and picked up my bag. “Is this all you’re taking?” he looked puzzled.

“Yeah?” it came out as a question as I tried to think of what I have missed.

“Oh it is just... you know...” he stumbled for the right words. “Girls take a lot of useless crap,” he said shrugging his shoulder.

“Well if you didn’t know I am not a girl or a she-wolf, I’m a Phoenix,” I chuckled. “Shall we go?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he smiled taking my hand. 

Throughout the journey there wasn’t much talk, just me drifting in and out of sleep and daydreams. Robbie didn’t seem to mind much, once I even caught him smiling at me when I woke. He told me that I was cute when I slept.

“How much longer,” I moaned getting more and more uncomfortable as time crawled on at a snail’s pace.

“We almost there,” he chuckled at my frown. He had said we were almost there every time I asked.

I sighed. “But you said that last time,” I glared out the window. I didn’t want to go to where ever we were going anyway and I was starting to get annoyed at the length of time it was taking to get there.

“I mean it this time,” he chuckled.

The scenery whizzed past the car in green blurs as my mind wondered to everything that had happened in the past few days. My life had changed but was it for the better?