Chapter Eighteen

"Cheese_123 For loving my book :))" - Abbie

A/N *Guys check out my new book Double Trouble and vote and comment please??*

Chapter Eighteen

Iris’s POV

I woke with a start.

“Morning miss,” a new maid said as she placed a tray of food on my coffee table. “You have been sent these too,” in a glass vase sat a bunch of dark red and coral roses. A smile appeared on my face they were beautiful.

“Who are they from?” I asked as she placed them on top of the fireplace.

“From Prince Robert Miss,” she said as she rushed over to me handing me a white lace dressing gown.

“Well, tell him thank you if you see him,” I smiled as I tied the aqua blue ribbon around my waist. I made my way over to the rose and took in the beautiful scent, I smiled.

“Which is your favourite coloured one?” the maid asked with a small smile. The maid was small with chestnut brown shoulder length hair and olive skin; her eyes were royal blue and her lips full and pink.

“I think the coral coloured ones,” I touched the velvet petals.

“That means desire miss,” she said.

“I am sorry?” I looked at the maid confused.

“The colour means desire,” she said.

I sat down. “So the colours mean something?” she nodded. “So what does the red mean?” I asked.

“Dark red means unconscious beauty,” she smiled.

“What?” I frowned.

“Well what he is trying to say is, that you are beautiful and are unaware of it and that he desires you,” I blushed scarlet.

I coughed. “Err I have no idea how to respond to that?” I muttered as my checks set a blaze from the meaning of the roses.

“It is alright miss,” the maid chuckled. “I have brought you your breakfast,” I nodded looking at the tray of food from toast to pancakes. “What would you like?” she asked moving to my side.

“Err...” I paused. “I think I would like pancakes,” I grinned. “Yeah pancakes and bacon,” I nodded.

“Would you like maple syrup with that Miss?” I nodded as she put together what I wanted. What would you like to drink?”

“Just some orange juice please,” I smiled as I took the plate from her. “Thank you,”

“That is okay Miss,” she stepped back.

“Please call my Iris,” she nodded. “What is your name?” I asked taking a bite from the pancake.

“Poppy,” she replied.

“Well Poppy,” I smiled at her. “Would you like to join me for breakfast?” I grinned.

“Err... I couldn’t Miss, I mean Iris,” she stumbled over her words as she looked at me in shock.

“Come one,” I grinned. “There is way too much food here for just me to eat,” I looked over at her. “Please?” I batted my eyelashes and she finally gave in.

We sat and ate breakfast together.

“So where did Robbie get the idea of sending my roses from?” I laughed.