Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Iris’s POV

“Mum what have you done that?” I moaned as I looked at my already repacked bag.

“You are going to the palace and I am not having any daughter of mine walking around wearing clothes that look like... well like they have been brought off of a tramp,”

“God they’re not that bad,” I rolled my eyes at her.

“Now I have brought you a dress to meet the King and Queen,” She smiled handing me a brown paper bag.

“Why do I need to wear a dress?” I sighed peeking in the bad to see a flash of white.

“You are meeting the rulers of the werewolves,” shocked leaked through her words. “Anyway the dress is to die for,” she smiled her eyes twinkling with excitement.

“Fine,” I sighed pulling the white lace fabric out of the bag.

“Try it on,” she grinned clapping her hands. I rolled my eyes before going to the bathroom and pulled the dress on and re-entered. “You look beautiful,” she smiled as I looked in the mirror.

The dress was a simple A-line and finished a little above the knee and was made from lace. It had a heart shaped neck line and the straps were wide made from ribbon.

“I like it,” I smiled smoothing down the front.

“Good,” she grinned. “And here some shoes,” my mother loved buying new clothes for us, she wanted me to be like her and Harper and enjoy fashion but I couldn’t. I hated shopping and dressing up for people like a Barbie doll.

“Thanks mum,” I smiled slipping on the simple white court shoes. I was glad that she only picked a small heel as I stumbled over to give her a hug.

“I know that you know,” her voice sounded broken I pulled back to look at her.

Her eyes started to fill. “Know what mum?” I asked frowning.

“I know that you know I am not your mum,” she sighed sadly as a tear slipped down her reddening cheeks.

“But you are?” I puzzled as I hugged her tightly. “You raised me and looked after me, you are my mum,”

“Not biologically,” She pointed out.

“That maybe so but not all biological mum are good,” I said. “So what you didn’t give birth to me so what your still my mum,” I hugged her again.

“Thank you Iris,” She smiled. “I also named you, and that was my favourite name when I was a little girl,” she chuckled. “Now let me do your hair,” she grinned.

“Iris,” Robbie’s voice sounded outside my door. “We need to go soon,” he knocked at the door.

“She’ll be there in a second,” My mum answered for me as she gave my hair a light spray of hairspray. 

“Thanks mum,” I hugged her before looking over my appearance.  She had twisted my jet black into a messy bun , she then added a light dusting of powder of my face before putting black eyeliner just of the top of my eyes with a little flick at the corner and ruby red lipstick.

“You look beautiful dear,” she smiled.

“Thank you,” I blushed.

“Come one lets go,” she grinned opening the door. “Robbie come get Iris’s bag,” she shouted as her appeared at the bottom of the stairs.