Chapter Twenty

"I hope your Dad gets better" - Abbie xxx

Chapter Twenty

Robert’s POV

I looked her in the eyes, those black onyxes with a golden ring tinkling at me - I was falling hard for this girl.

“Iris,” I whispered and a smile broke across her face.

“Yeah,”

“I need to go away for a few days,” I said suddenly feeling guilty.

“Oh,” her smile dropped. “Okay,” she looked to the ground.

“It will only be for a few days,” I said. “You can stay here or you can go back home, if you want?” I put my index finger under her chin and drew her face up to look at me. “Iris?”

“Can I go back home?” she whispered.

“Anything you want,” I said. “I’ll be gone for about three days at least.” I reassured.

“Okay,” she gave me a small smile. “I would take you with me but I can’t,” I tried to explain.

“Robbie it is find,” she said. “Come on lets go back to,” she took my hand and started to drag me with her.

I chuckled. “I’m coming,” I intertwined our fingers.

“When are you going?” she asked.

“Tomorrow,” I said.

“Oh,” she looked away. “So soon,”

“Yeah, it came up suddenly,” the guilt was back.

“Okay,” she said.

We went the rest of the way in silence but out clasped together tight like something was gonna tear us apart.

“Miss Iris,” Poppy nodded her head. “Your highness,” she did the same for me.

“Poppy,” I greeted. “Could I speak with Alex?” I asked. Alex was my cousin on my mother’s side so he too was apart Italian.

“Yes,” she frowned at me. “I can call him,” she said.

“Could you get him to come here?” I asked as Iris too frowned at me.

“Isn’t Alex your husband?” Iris asked Poppy.

“Yeah,” Poppy smiled.

“He’s also my cousin,” I explained. “Can he be here within the hour?” I asked Poppy.

“Yeah I think so,” she sent a text message.

“Can you take Iris to her room,” I ordered. “And then meet me in my office,” I said turning to Iris. “I’ll see you in a bit,” I kissed her cheek as she blushed a deep scarlet.

“Okay,” she said following Poppy. I watched her retreating back and my heart beat slowed, I was doing this for her.

I took a shake breath as I went to my office and when I closed the door I sunk down resting my head I my hands. I didn’t want to go back there, I hadn’t been back since that time but I needed to. I had to do this so I could move on. I was walking on egg shells; I was tip-toeing around my feelings.

I knocked sounded at my door, making me jump.

I stood. “Yeah,” I said.

“Its Poppy,” her soft voice sounded through the wooden door.

“Come in,” I sat at my desk.

She came in. “So why do you want Alex?” she asked closing the door behind her.

“How would you feel if I took him away for at least three days?” I asked shuffling some papers and rearranging things on my desk – anything to keep my hands busy.

“Well in depends on a few things?” she shrugged.

“What things?” I asked.

“Well one when?” She asked leaning against the white wall.

“Tomorrow,” I said.

“Okay,” she crossed her arms. “Three days you say?” I nodded. “Right,” she nodded. “What are you gonna do?” She narrowed her eyes.

“It’s just to keep my company,” I said.

“And the most important question,” she said standing up straight. “Where are you going?” She made her way over to me.

“Italy, back to Venice,” I replied in a monotone voice as surprise washed over her face.

___

So this is more of a filler chapter, I am sorry it’s not a ‘meaty’ chapter but my Dad had a heart attack yesterday and I’ve been worried sick about him. He was rushed into hospital just after I updated yesterday, it was only a minor one and the doctor said there wasn’t anything to worry about. So next chapter will be better!

So what do you think?

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FOLLOW PLEASE?

Love

Abbie

xxx