Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

“Say it again,” eye chocolate brown eyes twinkled.

I grinned, I had never been happier. “I love you,” I said it again as she giggled biting her blue nail.

“Really?” she batted he long eye lashes.

“Yes Aletta I love you with all my heart and soul,” I kissed he rosy cheek.

“Good,” she grinned. “Because if I ever find out there is someone else I will hunt them down,” she paused her smile widening. “And kill them,” she whispered in my ear before tackling me to ground. I laughed tickling her listening to the light giggles.

I sobered up and looked deep into her doe eyes. “Aletta there will be no one else,” I brushed he golden brown hair from her beautiful face. “I will love you, forever and always,” I whispered before cashing my lips onto her rosy ones.

Iris’s POV

It was just like an English tea party but on a grander scale. There was a huge table that sat around twenty people or so, it was covered with a pearly white table cloth and had chair that had pale green velvet pillows with silver flower embroider onto the fabric. 

I took a seat next to Robbie and smiled as I took in the rest of the table. Scattered across the table was pink rose petals and jugs and vases full of baby’s breath, white roses, some kind of green flowers and forget-me-nots. There were tea stands of cup cakes and finger sandwiches. There were pots of tea, jugs of lemon water and bottles of strawberry wine.

“Do would you like to drink, Miss?” I waiter addressed me.

“She’ll have the wine, thank you,” Robbie answered for me I glared at him. “Trust me you will love it,” he smiled as the waiter poured the garnet coloured liquid into my wine glass.

“What would you like your highness?”

“The same, thank you,” Robbie nodded.  Robbie turned in his seat to face me with a smirk on his face. “So did you like the flowers I sent you?” he asked.

I flushed ruby red. “Yes, they were beautiful, thank you,” I shyly said.

Robert’s POV

I watched her slip her wine. “Do you like it?” I asked slipping mine. My mouth burst with strawberry flavour and summer.

She smiled and nodded. “It’s really nice,” we soon finished lunch in no time. The afternoon sun bathed us in its heat as she slipped tea and nibbled on sandwiches.

“Come Iris,” I got up ignoring the people around us. “I want to show you the gardens,” I smiled down at her holding out my hand. She placed her soft hand into mine and got up.

I took her hand and intertwined our fingers together as we walked through the arches. The arches had climbing roses and honeysuckle that filled the summer air with their beautiful scents.

“I love these white roses,” Iris stroked the soft petal of a pearly white rose. “They smell so nice,” she took a deep breath, breathing in the scent with a small smile playing on her rosy lips.

“They are pretty,” I agreed watching her as we carried down the gravel pass towards to the centre of the rose garden.

“So...” she smiled turning a corner into a bandstand that my father had brought for my mother a few years back. The bandstand had white roses growing up the white wooden post and over the black; lights had been put up inside and around the post. She sat cross legged in the middle looking up at the lights.