Creative Writing Festival 2014

A bus ride there early in the morning with my favorite teacher ever, seemed sleepy, but exciting. I had written a peice that was very close to me, about when John passed away.
(I'll probably post it when this is done, and I do some more organising.)

However, traveling around was going to be a REAL bitch, because it was snowy out, and black ice was everywhere. Have I told you my fear of ice? It's been recentally developed due to the ankle surgery I had. If I fall and break it, I WILL BE A CRIPPLE FOREVER.

So we go into the main hall where we get the schedule of when everyone is going, when lunch is, and a map of where everything is. Then we get this speaker who was supposed to be telling us the wonders of writing, but I see this chick tallying something. So I watched her woth the corner of my eye, and it turns out that she was counting how many times the speaker said "um". Lets just say that RUINED my moment with the speakers words.

After that was time dor presentations/assesments and stuff. Depending on what kind of professor went over your work, you could either read a bit of your peice, or they could teach a lesson. My writing teacher rather the sessions where we got feedback. Luckily, the first session we joined was just like that. We went into Grae's group and heard some cool stories. And it was like a group-peer-editing because everyone was sharing what they liked, didnt't like, or that could be changed. A little after that was my session.

In my session, it was less active, but still had the intention of the first one we went to. Everyone read a bit of their peice, and if it was short enough:the whole thing. One story that I heard that stuck out was a story about how the writer came out. I loved it. I was last to read, and luckily I was able to read the whole thing. Grae. And another friend Austin, was there, and afterwords they told me that one of the people there actually had tears. I was actually surprised.

We had eaten lunch, and then we decided to go into the library and find cool and weird books, and we just had a blast.

I learned that day, that writing brings me some sort of peace. It lets me share my story without sounding like an attention whore. I can help others learn the lessons I have without going through the pain. And I like that feeling.

Keep Smiling.
~Sharpie