Chapter Five

I made my way back to Ross, hovering over him.

"I'm leaving too," I declared. "And you're not going to convince me to do otherwise. If you leave, I leave. If you stay, I stay," I said firmly.

     Ross got up and closed the door, turning to me with a frantic look.

"You can't leave, you're the best this team has. You have to stay here, you're too valuable for them to lose." Ross said.

"Ross, you can't just run away from me." I said with a louder tone. "I know that's what you're doing, you're leaving so you don't have to deal with me."

"No, I'm leaving beca-"

"You do that a lot. Run away from your problems. I'm getting tired of it, Ross," I admitted.

"What else am I supposed to do? I'm not strong enough to deal with them!" He sort of yelled.

"You can be! If you didn't run all the time then maybe you'd be able to figure things out," I said.

     I backed away from Ross and folded my arms across my chest. How dare he yell at me. Sure, I liked him but anyone could yell at me and get the same result as whoever else. I was trying to keep my anger in, but lately that hadn't been going so well. I knew I was going to snap if he kept pushing me.

"I'm leaving, Max. And you're not going anywhere!" He shouted.

"You can't just walk out! Not after all of this! I don't deserve that!"

"I don't deserve to be reminded everyday of one of the most traumatic events in my life! It's not my fault that you did what you did! I'm not gonna let it be my fault that I have to constantly deal with it!" He screamed.

"I said I was sorry!"

"SORRY DOESN'T FIX IT!"

     I jumped, backing away from Ross as he yelled. It took me back a little. I stayed silent after that, Ross' words running wild in my brain. I didnt even consider that. I'm a monster. Ross let out a huff and stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind him, pushing past all the guys who had crowded around the door.

     I fell into one of the chairs, burying my head into my arms and just cried. I knew I had really messed up this time and that there was no way of fixing this now.

*3 days later*

     Ross was officially gone. His office was empty, every trace of him was out of sight, tucked away in a storage room. Everyday, I found myself wandering into these rooms, and just looking at everything. All the pictures and fan art made me tear up every time. I let go of the one thing I actually wanted to keep in my life. I could have gone my whole life without anything but Ross. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it without him. He kept me going, and now he was gone. It was all my fault.

     One evening, I was sitting in the livingroom, playing an old videogame to keep my mind occupied. I tried to do that as often as possible to keep from thinking about Ross. I received a text from Tim, saying that Ross had decided to move out, saying that he was headed back home. At this point, I kind of felt like didn't care. I was numb to the thought of Ross. I fucked up and there was no way to recover from it.

**A/N: sorry this chapter is hella short. I'm getting ideas for the next chapters and I don't want to make them all super long. I want this to be a long book overall. be sure to follow my social medias, they're in my bio. new update tomorrow!!**

**I'll update more later today, for this chapter. I'm tired right now 😂💕**