Scars

*trigger warning: hints of self harm*

A few days have passed by, and I've now become familiar with all my YouTube friends who I've yet to actually meet.

Today I discovered something weird.

I was sat in my bed as always with nothing to do and I happened to look down at my wrists and I realised...

I had very faint scars going across my arm from my wrist to a little below my elbow...I don't understand it. But I've decided to keep it to myself for the time being.

Recently, I've been seeing a physiatrist who is trying to help me with my memory loss. Her name is Sophie, and she in the nicest person you would ever meet. She comes in to see me every few days.

We talk, she asks how I'm feeling, we talk some more and she helps with remembering my 'friends'. I use apostrophes because, in all fairness, myself NOW has never met them. But yeah, slowly but surely things are starting to come together. I've been-

"I don't know if I can go in there. It hurts me to see her like that, you know it does."

I don't recognise that voice...

"I know, but Joe said to wait before you go in anyway, he said he needs to talk to us about something."

"Okay, fine..."

"Look, there he is."

"Hi fellas." there's Joe.

"Hi Joe, what did you want to talk to is about?"

"Well, she's awake"

"What?! THATS FANTASTIC! LET ME IN SO I CAN SEE HER-"

"No...Dan, you can't."

Wait, does he mean DAN, Dan?

"What? Why can't he?"

"Phil, let him speak" Dan says impatiently.

Phil...

"Here's the thing." Joe starts "And this is going to come as a shock so, I don't know if you want to sit down or?-"

He's quickly interrupted by Dan.

"WHAT? Is she okay? Please tell me she is okay!"

"She's absolutely fine in herself don't worry. But, it's her brain."

"What about it?" Phil asks, with a slight hint of worry.

"...She-she's lost her memory."

Silence...and then Dan.

"No..." he says with no emotion, in disbelief. "No, that's impossible. No no no. NO! IT'S NOT TRUE! YOU'RE LYING! I'M GOING IN THERE!"

"Dan..."

"NO, PHIL! GET OFF OF ME! WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON?"

"Dan, why would I lie about something like this..." Joe asks quietly.

After a seconds of silence, I start hearing soft, quiet sobs.

"Please...please can I at least see her."

"Of course you can Dan, just, bare in mind...she may act a little differently, or be confused. Just, don't-"

"Joe, it's okay don't cry, it's all okay." Phil consoles Joe in a calm tone.

"Yeah. Thanks sorry just um...yeah go right in..."

*knock knock knock*