28.

My lungs burn as if they're on fire while I run down the moonlit sidewalk. My body is beginning trip over my high top sneakers every time the rubber bottoming of my shoes come in contact with the gaps in the worn-down cement.

Now, I would say that I'm currently running away from my hometown and all of the memories from my past, but that would be an understatement.

I rub my shirtsleeves across my face to dry up the tears that are burning the corners of my eyes and drying my pale cheeks until they begin to turn a chafed and irritated red color. I've never thought about running away, but since my last appointment today where I was told that I'm apparently getting even worse - or in my case, crazier - it seems as if it's my last option, unless I want to end up like Mr. Minlin - which is an alternative I'm definitely not ready for.

As I sprint around the corner of my street, I finally fall to the concrete as my legs give out, causing my skin to rub against the sharp rocky surface. I brush off the small pieces of concrete wedged in my skin as my tears turn into violent sobs, leaving my breath to become lost in the night. I eventually give up on trying to remove all of the indents and scars that the fall has left, and decide to drag my pathetic body across the cold sidewalk until I'm able to lean my back against a wooden fence in an area hidden away from light.

"I'm not good enough," I whisper as a hiccup escapes my lips. I trace my fingers over the details in my face before I begin tossing my head back and allowing my skull to hit hard against the wood of the fence numerous times, but I'm stopped short of a concussion when a voice booms through the dark night.

"Skylar, what that hell are you doing?"

"Tyler?" I ask as the back of my head rolls against the wooden platforms. I try to focus my vision on his tall body until my blue eyes meets his serious green eyed gaze. He's obviously upset - I mean, finding your girlfriend banging her head against a fence in the middle of the night must not be a pleasant sight to say the least.

"Why are you doing this?" He asks as he moves closer to me and kneels down until he's sitting on the grass with his back fully pressed against the fence, right next to mine. "Wait... Your appointment. How did it go?"

My lip quivers once again and my nose pinches up as more tears flood my vision, making Tyler appear foggy through a series of watery blurs. The world around him suddenly becomes unrecognizable - as if my life hasn't been unrecognizable for years now.

"You're not crazy Skylar," he suddenly whispers as he pushes my wavy, blonde hair back behind my ear and pulls me in closer by my shoulders until my body is no longer pressed to the fence, but to his chest, allowing me to feel his rapidly beating heart through my chunky knit sweater. "You don't need to tell me, I know. You're not worse, you're better. Maybe not physically, but to me you're only getting stronger."

I burrow my face into his chest and nod against his T-shirt that is now becoming drenched in my tears. He rests his chin on top of my head and rubs circles on my back as I snuggle closer against him to stay warm from the chilling midnight breeze.

"How did you know I was out here?" I ask as I push away another tear and look up at him with my face displaying an array of red, splotchy marks accompanied by my red eyes.

Tyler gives me a small yet worried smile - one which makes me hate myself for making him feel so terrified. "I was looking out my window and saw you running down the street. Somehow, I knew," he says as he places his arm tightly around my waist and runs his fingers thorough his light brown hair. "I promised. I told you that I would always be on the other side of that bedroom door, and, well, maybe it wasn't a bedroom door, but a fence that was enough to show me that you were falling apart."

A smile tugs at my lips while my cheeks turn a deeper shade of red out of not pain, but embarrassment of how cheesy Tyler is. I reach down and pull at the small strings dangling from the seams of his distressed black skinny jeans in the opening of fabric by his knee. I wanted to ask him more - see how much he loves me and wants me to get better - but then I realize that I don't need to. The fact that he left his warm bed to run down an abandoned street and hug me as we sit in grassy shadows against a wooden fence under the moonlight should be enough to let me know he cares. It should be enough to let me know that he'll always be my prince, even if he's not strong enough to lead a whole kingdom. He is, in fact, strong enough to lead me through darker times and into brighter and happier mindsets, and that's all I can really ask for.

A/N:
So, how was the chapter? I wanted to do more of an actual story rather than dialogue so you could have more insight on Skylar and Tyler. Honestly, I'm really scared that you're going to hate this chapter, haha. But, I worked very hard on it and I'll be going back to the phone call format for the next chapter, but if you guys enjoyed this than maybe I'll bring back the story format for another chapter later in the book. I don't know, we'll see. I'll also be going back soon and editing each chapter to make them all perfect! Anyways, thank you guys for the large amount of votes, reads, and comments! Written on the Bathroom Wall has made it past 1K and is getting somewhat close to 2K! I can't tell you how thankful I am, it really made my day! If the story continues getting more popular then I'm hoping to update even sooner. Thank you guys so much for everything!