Epilogue

I don't miss him.

Or at least, that's what I tell myself. Those four words are what get me through everyday. Besides that, I miss him more than anyone could ever imagine.

It's been two years. Two long, unforgiving years. Yet, I learned a lot since he's been gone. Sometimes the sun will shine down on me, reminding me that somewhere, somehow, he's watching over me.

I no longer pinch my skin and fat to make scars of purple bruises. I don't randomly burst out into a set of tears like I had before. And in fact, I'm more lively than I had ever been.

Studying in New York has been an experience of a lifetime. And as much as I told Tyler I wanted to be an author, I decided to make that like a hobby. In my free time I write - and trust me, my mind never gets a loss of inspection. Not with the thought of Tyler always circling my mind.

But what I learned most of all from the amazing boy who lived a few streets down from me was how to live. It may have been short and sweet, but I never felt so alive until I reconnected with Tyler. Until he told me life was worth living. That's why I decided to become a therapist - so I could help others understand the beauty of life.

I miss him. I always will. But I'm glad I'm still here. I'm happy that he'll always be with me in some way or another. And most of all, I'm elated that the Prince of my life made me feel like a princess - even if the kingdom couldn't stay together forever.