>the stand in

Lucy had been stood up.

There she was, sat in her favourite resturant where they met, waiting for him to finally turn up; but he didn't.

It had been around an hour. Lucy was extremely embarrased as she told the waitress to wait a little bit longer before taking her order, for the 6th time that day. Lucy carried on waiting. Not wanting to believe that her jerk of a boyfriend had done it again.

"Dammit Sting." Lucy cursed under her breath as she twisted her fork around on a clean napkin infront of her. Everytime someone entered the door, her eyes flicked up with hope, instantly dropping again once noticing the person wasn't who she was looking for.

Lucy was starting to become more and more embarrased by the second. She could tell the waiters behind the counter were talking about her as they stared her way and spoke. Lucy was a burden to them as she had taken up one of their tables for nearly an hour now, without having even buying anything.

An hour and a half had past, and Lucy decided that was it. She got up from her seat, just about to head towards the door, but she was stopped in her tracks by a stranger.

"Sorry I'm late babe! Traffic is crazy right now." He stated loudly, grasping the attention of a few of the nearby tables; earlier staring at Lucy in her lonely despair.

"I'm Natsu, just go with it, yeh? Whoever didn't bother to show up is a dick. " He whispered quietley, grasping Lucy's hand and pulling her back towards the table.

Lucy sat down infront of the stranger named Natsu, a little shocked. He was handsome; a sculpted face, salmon-like hair and cheeky grin. She had no idea what was going on or why this stranger was being so kind to her, but nonetheless, she decided to go along with it, mainly because he was the cutest thing she'd ever seen.

"Thankyou." She said shyly, staring up into his deep, kind eyes.

"Don't worry about it." He said sincerely, "I'd rather not be stuck with them." He chuckled, pointing towards a small family that was now exiting the resturant. A little girl with blue hair was wiggling her eyebrows at Natsu as she a waved goodbye.

Lucy giggled. That must have been his family. He left them to sit with her.

"What your name princess?" Natsu smiled, grasping Lucy's attention back.

"Lucy." She smiled back, once again getting lost in his eyes.

"Nice to have the pleasure of a date with you Lucy." Natsu said, a small smirk evident on his face.

Lucy giggled again. A date huh?

Much to Lucy's relief, the pair ordered their meals and a glass of wine each as the waitress came back. A few minutes later, their drinks had came and they were having a conversation as if they had known eachother for years.

"So, who's the guy the stood you up?" Natsu said, bringing up a new topic.

Lucy didn't mind his asking. If she was more honest with herself, she would have broken up with Sting a long time ago. He really was a jerk.

"His name is Sting. He's my boyfriend... but I don't think he will be for long." She told him, sauntering off a little at the end.

"He really must be an idiot for leaving a beautiful girl like you." Natsu said, not breaking eye contact with the blonde as she blushed.

"Well, I guess I wouldn't have met you other wise." She said, smiling shyly.

" She said, smiling shyly