>nosedive (part two)

Incredible pulsed through Lucy's mind.

He'd called her... Incredible.

Everytime her mind repeated it, her heart leapt in her chest - as if to catch the word, before it tumbled out from her mouth in her disbelief. He'd never even commented on her appearance before. Never mind call her... Incredible.

Lucy felt warm turn cold as Natsu's hand drew from hers as he knocked lightly on Erza's towering, wooden door. She was well aware of the fact they had been holding hands the entire journey here, but she didn't dare say anything of it. She just relished in the feeling of their palms pressed together - until now.

Erza's door opened with a slight squeak, snapping Lucy from her prompt thoughts and coercing her to lay her eyes on the woman stood before them - she looked eloquent; her hair tied up with two sticks and a purple dress flowing down to the ground.

"Natsu, Lucy!" Erza smiled, opening the door wider and stepping aside to let them in. "It's nice to see you both."

"Sorry we're late..." Lucy smiled sheepishly in return, inside imploring herself not to blush - her mind too busy thinking of why they were late.

"Nonsense!" Erza remarked as the two walked into her apartment side by side. "You're the first ones here anyway." She continued, closing the door and following them into the lounge room.

"Gray's running a little late..." she added.

"Typical, Icebrain." Natsu scoffed, as he quickly made himself at home and sat on her sofa in the open plan lounge/dining room. Lucy did the same beside him, leaving Erza to sit on a chair opposite them - a coffee table in between.

"So what have you both been up to today?"

Lucy felt her heart pulse at Erza's words - her mind once again skipping straight to Natsu in her apartment, his hands in her hair. The feeling as his hot fingers massaged her head.

"Not much really, Happy and I went fishing." Lucy faintly heard Natsu answer, but her mind was too busy musing. "Then I went to Lucy's."

Her thoughts continued to roll over the earlier events; they'd happened so fast she barely had time to think about it much until now.

"What about you Lucy?"

When she had turned around in her apartment, her and Natsu nearly kis...

"LUCY?"

"Huh?" Lucy snapped out of her thoughts turning to Erza wide eyed - knowing her face was bright red. "Oh uh," What did Erza ask me again? "Oh yeah, I haven't really done much today." 

"Are you okay?" Erza asked, eyeing Lucy a little harder than she would've liked.

"Y-Yeah, I'm incredib- I'm fine." Lucy stuttered, raising a hand to her cheek discreetly in an attempt to cool down the burning she was feeling.

The blonde tried her best to train her eyes on Erza ahead of her - and not on Natsu, who was looking at her with furrowed brows. She hoped he hadn't noticed her red cheeks - but he had, and couldn't help but smile a little, despite her not seeing.

The doorbell ringing saved Lucy from small-talk hell. She didn't mind it usually, but her head was elsewhere and could not for one second concentrate on anything Erza was saying. How she was going to survive this evening, she had no idea.

"That must be Gray." Erza spoke, as she got up and left the room to open the door.

The silent seconds passed slowly - Natsu and Lucy sat side by side without a word uttered. The sound of the front door clicking open echoed around the room and Gray's voice suddenly chorused in the air. Erza greeted him before bringing him further into the house - where Lucy jumped from her seat to say hi, with Natsu close behind.