>natsu gets curious (part one)

"Shoot!" The girl cursed to herself quietley as she made eye contact with the boy for the fifth time that hour. Was it that hard to ignore him? All she had to do was look down and keep her eyes on her book. Yet somehow, she kept finding herself drifting off right into his gaze. Dammit! She needed to pull herself together. What was wrong with her lately? Why was her heart pounding?

Lucy puffed out an exasperated sigh, closing her book with a smack and lifting herself from the small seat that was to the side of the rowdy guild. If she couldn't concentrate here, maybe she could at home... where the salmon-haired, dragon slayer wasn't.

Levy, who had been sat opposite, flickered her eyes from her own book as Lucy stood.

"You going?" She asked, sticking a bookmark on her page to hold her place and closing the book. Lucy nodded, smiling at the bluenette.

"I think I'm gonna head home, clear my head," She replied, grabbing her jacket, that was lazily sprawled across her seat, to put on. "Maybe a bath will help."

"Okay, well I'll see you later Lu." Levy smiled, before reopening her book up and delving back in silently.

Lucy strolled toward the guild hall's doors, dodging the random objects that happened to fly her way whilst waving a goodbye to Mira-Jane behind the bar. As Lucy passed Natsu she locked her eyes on the floor, unconciously biting her lip as she tried to slip past unnoticed, to then proceed home.

But she knew her efforts had failed as she felt the heat of his palm against her shoulder. She turned around, coming face to face with the dragon slayer who had stopped mid fight to see what was up.

"Hey, where ya going Lucy?" He asked, not taking his arm from her shoulder. "You never leave the guild this early."

Seen as it was only just past noon, it would seem unsual for her to leave... unless she was going on a job, which she wasn't. She stiffened, dodging his face with her eyes in attempts to make zero eye contact with him. But it was hard work against Natsu's persistent gaze, burning holes at her with his worried expression. He could tell she was acting differently.

"I'm just heading home. Don't feel too good." Lucy sputtered, slipping out from beneath his grasp and readjusting the strap of her bag. "I'll see ya later." She waved, speed walking toward the door with hopes he wouldn't follow, heart racing. He watched her go, standing still until the door of the guild hall smacked shut - outstretched hand dropping to his side.

...

Lucy relaxed as she slowly sauntered in the direction of her home, taking it slow and steady. She pondered, hand clutching her heart in question as to why it was reacting this way. Realistically, she knew. She wasn't stupid and couldn't deny it.

She had a crush.

But...

No! She shook her head, trying to send the thoughts flying out. She didn't have a crush! How could she... and on Natsu? No way!

Lucy laughed to herself quietley.

"I'm so stupid sometimes." She muttered, swiping her hair behind her ear as she continued traveling in the direction of her home.

"Whats stupid?" Natsu's voice chorused into her mind as she turned around.

"What are you doing here?!" She yelled, taken back by his sudden appearance but mostly shocked as the thoughts from early still clung to her mind.

"I thought you might be lonely." He said, grinning at the baffled expression she made once he slipped his hand into hers. She tensed up, wondering what the heck was going on, not that she didn't like it.

"Natsu, W-what-"

"Shh." He stopped her in her tracks as he holted directly infront of her, his eyes shifting from their usual childish gaze to something Lucy hadn't seen before. "Just close your eyes."

"What? Why-"

"Just do it."

With no more question, Lucy's eyes closed upon her scorching red face, having no other choice. But after a few seconds of thought, she realised what was about to happen and her eyes shot open, only to meet Natsu's face two inches away with puckered lips and a rosy cheeks. Natsu grew closer, but just as their lips were about to touch...

Lucy's daydreams shattered in her mind as she suddenly found herself plummeting downwards toward the floor. Thats what happens when you dont pay attention to the road; you trip on a barrel thats been abandoned by a random drunk during the night, and face plant right toward the dirty, street floor.

"Damn..." Lucy sighed after a sharp intake of breath. She examined her hand that had managed to get cut, pain coursing through her fingers. She sighed again, picking herself from the floor to carry on the original route home.

But wait! What was she just daydreaming about?

"Lucy you idiot!" She scolded herself as her thoughts tumbled right back into her mind. How could she have thought about something so bad! Natsu would never do that! ...And it's not like she wanted that either!

Lucy's hand returned to her chest as she felt her heart stammering once again, but she reassured herself it was simply adrenaline from her fall. That was all.

Time to head home.

-♡-

YOYOYO I'm back and so are the one shots

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, part two coming soon!

And many more one shots so don't go anywhere!