>natsu gets curious (part two)

The girl let out an exasperated sigh as she slowly sunk, chin deep, into her steaming hot bath. The water flooded around her skin, hugging every aching muscle caused by the job requests earlier in the week. Her eyes fluttered shut at the relaxing feeling - Finally feeling settled after a long day of fast heart rates and awkward eye contact. Why has everything suddenly got weird? She sighed again... maybe she was just over speculating.

Natsu was the densest person she knew, he probably doesn't even see the difference between a man and a woman anyway! She chuckled to herself at her thoughts as Plue splashed around in the water infront of her.

"What do you think Plue?" Lucy spoke. Venting to her friends was helpful and all but some things she just couldn't talk to her Guildmates about - so Plue was the best option and he was always listening.

"Am I just being crazy, or has Natsu been looking at me a lot at the guild too?" The celestial wizard flicked at the baths bubbles as she let out her thoughts to the totally unresponsive spirit. "I mean, I know I've been looking over at him in the guild... but everytime I do he seems to already be looking back. Right?"

She sighed.

"Ah I don't know. Why am I even thinking like this? She choked the next words out, trying her hardest to convince herself of their truth. "It's not like im in love with him or anything!"

CRASH!

The sound of clattering chorused through the apartment and the mage sat up straight in her bath. What was that?! She looked toward her closed bathroom door, to the direction of the sound in panic.

"There's no way this is happening right now!" She whispered, "There's nothing to steal! I have nothing of value! Please, I don't wanna be robbed." The blonde complained to herself as she slid out of the still hot bath and wrapped herself in a towel.

"Aha! I know what'll scare em off!" She grinned, thinking up a plan in her head that'd be sure to send any imposter running. "Virgo sure will teach them a-"

Her shoulders slumped as she looked to her empty dresser! My keys! I left them on my bed where I took off my clothes!

"Idiot!" She cursed to herself quietly as she slapped the palm of her hand to her face. "Cmon, Lucy think!"

"Usually my guildmates would be the ones breaking in not a burglar! No wonder I'd leave my keys out there." She mumbled to herself as she glanced to Plue, who was still floating around mindlessly in the bath.

"Hmm guildmates... guildmates.." Her brain began spinning. "...NATSU!" She whisper shouted. He's the only one who would cause a commotion of noise after breaking into my apartment!

There was only one way to know if it was him. She crept toward the bathrooms closed door, carefully pulling the doors handle until it clicked open.

Aha! She thought.

The ajar door gave her a direct view of her open window. The curtains blowing a little as a draft drew in. There was only one person she knew who came in through her window... She smiled.

Wait!

Her smiled dropped and her heart rate increased. Natsu! She'd been avoiding him! There's no way she could go out there! What if he was confronting her about all her staring!

Her face blazed red. What if he'd heard everything she'd said to Plue! Oh man, this is the worst!

She had no choice... And no clothes to add to it. She had to go out there either way.