>so much more

There was no way of knowing exactly when things went from friends to something more...

It was like the subtle blurring between the oceans horizon as it blended with the sky above on a hot summers day. Indistinguishable, but so blatant at the same time.

The transition was seamless; no time for questions as the friendly sitting together and watching a movie on her sofa turned into something much more intimate and close up in contact. It just felt right, so they didn't ask.

It was meant to be, right? Destined from their first encounter. They were more than friends. More than teammates.

"I want to be more than this."

It was that that triggered it. That fateful night; tired and drained from the job request in the days prior. Natsu and Lucy had taken it upon themselves to have a day of rest. They deserved it.

The confession was quick and simple. The pair already knew their feelings for eachother long before, so it almost felt like expected words - the daily 'I love you, I love you too.' Routine. Normality.

Of course it was mutual and Lucy wasted no time in expressing such. Her palm firmly landing on his chest as she leaned over to him to plant her answer against his lips. A wordless 'we already are more.'

It was common knowledge. Even the guild were aware. They weren't just friends. It wouldn't be possible.

The following weeks had been nothing they'd ever expected. They'd always been close, always acted like an old married couple with their bickering and lighthearted arguments. But now they had an answer. A name to call themselves - no wavering in the air as to what they were in relation to eachother. Partners? Teammates? 'Oh that Natsu and Lucy they'd make the cutest couple!'

Couple.

That's what they actually were now.

Soulmates?

Definitley.

If soulmates existed.

Natsu and Lucy were so much more.

-♡-
Hey minaaa
Really short and random one shot but I hope y'all enjoyed it.
I'm speeding my updates at the moment on both this book and my other (The Flat Friends) so hopefully I can be regular with them!
-sleepingwithkirito☆