ch.5 a party

Dimitri POV:

Emi's face lit up in awe as we walked into the ballroom. Her eyes were widened and her lips parted slightly. I looked only at her for a few minutes as we stood at the door. Some people looked at us and few stared. I was a prince after all. I peered in the center of the room to the family and friends that were dancing on the floor. Right in the middle was Alexia rolling her eyes and dancing with the first man who took her hand. She looked over at me as I pushed Emi to a different crowd to avoid her.

Personally, I love Alexia. But she's my cousin. She is a snobby brat and way to clingy. Emi was more my type. Quiet and humble, but scared for some reason. I hope she gets overt the scared part.

I talked with family members as Emi followed silently waving at very few of them. She presented herself as a personal when my niece asked. My niece was ten, but looked like she was four.

"Your pretty. Who are you?" My niece waved and smiled brightly. So cute!

"Me?" Emi pointed at herself and looked around her.

"Yea you. Your so pretty who are you?" I looked at Emi and smiled at her.

"I'm..uh I'm Dimitri's servant. I guess I'm yours too when you come to visit."

"Cool. Let's go dance and play." Elizabeth grabbed Emi's arm and was pulling her a little.

Emi looked up at me and I moved my hand back and forth signalling to go. Emi smiled weakly and walked with Elizabeth who was dragging her to the dance floor.

I talked with family for about fifteen minutes before Emi came back with Elizabeth clinging onto her arm. Emi took a few deep breaths before looking up at me.

"Master. Elizabeth wanted to dance with you. Could you please for just a minute. I'll go get you a drink." She held her hand out and Elizabeth ran to grab me.

"Come on uncle. We can dance for a little bit. It'll be fun I promise." Elizabeth pulled on my sleeve.

"Five minutes. Be back here Emi." I spoke as I started walking away slowly.

"Yes master." Emi bowed.

I danced with Elizabeth for five minutes, like I said, before going back to meet up with Emi. I held Elizabeth propped up on my side as I walked. I found emi with a glass of wine for me and a glass of water for her. When I saw her she had a worried expression on her face as a man was talking to her. I couldn't see his face, but I could see his dirty blonde hair.

"Vincent." I called not yelling his name, but raising my voice.

He didn't hear me and kept talking to Emi. He grabbed the glass of wine out of her hand and was getting close to her body.  He was too close. I felt like shoving him out of the way as jealousy was taking over me.

I walked over to Emi and Vincent and grabbed his wrist. "Hello Vincent. Long time no see." I smirked.

Emi's eyes widened as she saw me. She grabbed Elizabeth from my arm and walked away. "I'm going to the girls room."

I took a deep breath and let go of Vincent's arm as he looked at me confused. I tried to walk away, but he stopped me.

"Getting jealous huh?" He smirked at me and chuckled under his breath.

"She's my servant. You must not touch her. I don't touch yours, you don't touch mine." I walked.

"Oh? Just a servant?" He followed me.

"I have a fiance." I increased my pace.

Vincent stopped, surprised at my words. I kept walking hoping he wouldn't follow. I walked to the restrooms waiting for Emi to come out.