ch.7 a difderent kind of work

Emi POV:

I watched as the trees were heavily surrounding the vehicle. It felt like my mind was at piece as I rested my chin on my hand that was propped against the door. I had a lot to think about, but a lot I didn't want to think about. I sighed as I thought of my situation.

"I can't fall in love with him. He doesn't even love me. How could he?" I played with my hair as I unconsciously mumbled to myself. "Dimitri would never love me. No one can. That was made clear. What do I do then?" I closed my eyes relaxing.

Dimitri had moved close to me on the leather seats. I heard the leather squeak and I jumped as I turned around. I saw Dimitri looking at me with a confused face. He grabbed my hand and smiled. I gave a weak smile back. I felt a strand of hair fall into my face and I gave Dimitri a confused look. Why was he confused.

"Stop making that face." Dimitri tucked the strand of hair behind my ear. "And stop thinking impure. I can love you. I do love you. Emi stop thinking I don't and fall for me okay?"

I felt the heat rise to my face. "Y-you heard me. Y-you actually heard me? Oh great." I stammered as I turned my face and covered it with my hand feeling embarrassed.

"Haven't I told you love, don't hide your face from me. Your to cute to do that." Dimitri grabbed my hand from my face and gently held it in his.

I could feel my face turn a deeper shade of red. I stared at Dimitri partially in shock and partially in annoyance. I didn't want him to hear me and it was annoying me that he had every sense I didn't. He could hear me, smell me, even see me from far distances. Which sucked.

I felt a small jolt in the car as it stopped moving. Thank goodness. I peered out the window to see a school. I was confused for a minute, but Dimitri spoke up.

"This is Saigē academy. It's one of the most highly ranked schools in all of Volistinia. Of course it's s high school, but when you're here you tell everyone your seventeen. Besides, you haven't been to school in quite a while right?" Dimitri mumbled and winked at me.

"Dimitri, I-"

"Oh yes you can love. It's fine. You'll see why later, besides I'm the prince. Don't you forget that."

"I'm just a servant, don't you forget that." I said in a sarcastic tone.

Dimitri rolled his eyes as we both stepped out of the car. Dimitri opened the trunk of the car and grabbed a bag that was red in color. I looked at him, yet again, very confused. Dimitri handed me the bag and I grabbed it from him. I opened it and it was full of text books.

"What's this?" I asked still rummaging through the bag.

"It's school work. Today your joining the academy. Didn't I already tell you?" I looked at him again and he kissed the top of my head. "It's fine. I'm off so see you later."

"Y-yea... See you Dimitri." I turned around and looked at the big building. It was three stories tall and there were students flocking the while area. I started to walk again, but stopped seeing a familiar face. I was frozen to my spot. "Why is he here? Why is he here?" I wasn't scared though. I was more happy than anything. That's why I was frozen.

It was Samuel. Samuel the boy who I loved more than anyone in this world. He was the first human being I had ever met. I forgot a lot of stuff from when I was little. He was the first thing I remembered when I woke up. When I woke up at my first slave house. I was 8. He was 6. We were inseparable. We stuck together until I was 12. I got sold to another master then though. Gerard.

I took a small step forward. Another small step. I kept my gaze on him as I took yet another small step.

"Samuel." I whispered more to myself.