Mad As Rabbits

*one month later*

This venue is different. And by different I mean, it was a church but it wasn't a church. I know. Sounds weird. Panic! At The Disco playing at a church. But, this place is huge! The auditorium is gigantic! But, there's pews. And the sound station was up in some weird wall thing.

"Is it cool if I stay to watch you guys practice?" I asked, walking into the back room where the guys were. The first person my eyes went to was Brendon. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a white undershirt. Nothing special. Considering the show doesn't start for a few more hours.

"I don't see why not." He replied, picking up his guitar. "We need help. The only way we could score this place was if we let a few kids in for the sound check. Turns out a few kids is like 15. So, if you can keep their hands off our equipment, that'd be great!" Brendon looked at me. I nodded and left to go towards the auditorium. Brendon was right. A handful of kids were sitting on the pews, patiently waiting for the guys to go up on stage.
I walked towards the front of the room and sat at an empty space. A few kids were sitting in the same row as me. One kid, a boy about my age, came over to me and introduced himself to me.
"Hi. The names Colton." He smiled, sticking up his hand.
"Amelia." I nodded, keeping my hands to myself.
"So, are you like, with the band?"
"You could say that." I confirmed. He smiled and nodded. Great. Some kid thinks he can make friends with the merch girl.
"How are you-"
"Merch girl." I smiled softly. That was the extent of our conversation. Reason why was because the guys got on stage. Now, Ryan's not one to be jealous, but the look on his face screamed jealousy. We're only friends. Nothing more than that. And, it's only been one month since that whole movie date. Ryan hasn't asked for another one yet.
"I love these guys." Colton smiled, looking directly at Brendon.
"Yeah. They're cool. But, try living with them on a bus for several weeks." I replied, folding my hands onto my lap.
"Okay." Brendon picked the microphone off the mic stand and held it close to his lips.
"Oh! Look! They're starting." Colton tapped my shoulder. I rolled my eyes.
"It's only sound check. The actual show is a million times better." I explained, looking at the stage. They all wore simple everyday clothes. Ryan already had his elaborate eye makeup done.
The guys went through two songs with no problem. But, then just as they started the first note to 'Camisadio', two kids started bugging Ryan. And, knowing the past of this song, and knowing Ryan's history, it was starting to get more aggravating.
"Guys, stop." I stood up and went to make the kids stop. And they didn't listen. It got to the point where Ryan pulled his guitar off, placed it on the ground, and just walked off the stage. Brendon looked at me and nodded.
"Keep going." Brendon spoke, but in between the lines of the song. I walked out of the auditorium and went looking for Ryan.
"Ry?" I called, looking in each room.

-~-

"Have you found him yet?" Brendon asked, coming up to me just as I came out of the men's restroom, hoping Ryan was in there.
"Not yet. No." I looked at him as he walked with me. "I know. Don't say it. I know the show starts in 30 minutes. I'll find him. Are Jon and Spence looking?" I asked.
"Yeah. They are." He nodded.
"Okay. You go get ready. Tell the same to Jon and Spencer." I nodded, walking past the door that leads towards the sound booth.
"Sounds good." Brendon gave me a hug and then ran off.
I pushed the door to the sound booth open and went up. There was a man sitting in a swivel seat and headphones were sat on top of his head. A figure sat in the dark corner.
"Ryan? Oh my god! We've been looking for you for three hours!" I exclaimed, sitting on the ground in front of him. "The show starts in thirty minutes! You have to get ready!" I looked at him. His makeup was running. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah." His voice cracked lightly. "Yeah. I'm just fine." He covered up quickly.
"Dude, are you crying?"
"No."
"Wait... No. Wait. You were... You're jealous. You're jealous of that kid?!" I asked, looking at him.
"No!"
"You reacted. You're jealous. Dude, don't be." I pulled him out the corner. "You need to get ready for the show. You need to be hyped in- wait. What time is it?" I asked, looking at the sound tech.
"20 minutes till seven."
"Shit. You need to be hyped and ready in 20 minutes, Ryan." I looked at him. "Can you do that?"
"That kid knows nothing." He started.
"Oh lord you're joking." I scoffed. I pulled him close to me. "Ryan. Cut it out. Seriously, you need to stop. You guys go on in 20 minutes." I lightly hitting his face. "You're right. That kid does know nothing. He was just trying to make a new friend. People do that."
"But-" he started, but I slapped him this time. A little harder.
"Ryan. Ryan. Ryan, listen to me. You don't have time for this. You have a little under twenty minutes. It isn't time for this." I placed my hands on his shoulders. "Life was so much easier when we hated each other. I swear." I groaned, going on to my knees so I was the same height as him. "Seriously..."
"Am-"
"You know what. No. You don't get to talk. You have been missing for three hours. Three fucking hours, Ry. At first we thought you were-" I stopped myself when I realized what would get him going. "Okay..." I nodded, looking at Ryan.
You can do loads in 20 minutes. But, saving a band mate from hate, although it should be easy, it's rather hard.
"Close your eyes." I pierced my lips.