Things Are Shaping Up To be Pretty. Odd.

I pulled a pair of tights up my legs as Ryan was straightening his hair.

"A party?" I asked, leaning on the doorframe of the bathroom and looking at Ryan in the mirror.

"Why not? It'll be fun." He turned and looked at me, a loving smile on his lips.

"I just get anxious about parties. I guess. I don't know." I shrugged, picking up a small tube of lip gloss. Ryan placed the straightener down and looked at me.

"If you get overwhelmed, we can leave."

"Fine." I nodded, walking away from the bathroom and slipped my shoes on. Ryan was behind me, his head to the side and a smile on his lips. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him. "As much as I hate parties, I'll go." I walked over to him. He pecked my forehead and then we both walked out of our room and towards the front door of the hotel. I called a cab ahead of time. Luckily, they came. Ryan let me in and then got in himself.

"Okay. Let's go back to the room." I smiled and looked over at Ryan. He shook his head.

"An hour. Hour and a half. Then we'll go. Okay?"

"Fine." I mumbled, leaning against the door. I have nothing against parties. I just get uncomfortable around that many people. I understand that sound ridiculous with what I do for a job. But, when I'm doing merchandise during concerts, I'm in a closed off area where people are not permitted to go. I'm safe there. But, at parties, people can clobber on me, they can get in my personal space, they can harass me about my relationship with the boys and Ryan, people can and will hang on Ryan and push me away from him. That's why. That's why I don't like parties. I get pushed away from people.

"Why don't you like parties?"

"I'm 20 years old. I can't drink. So there's that. Then there's the groupies and people that try to talk to the lead guitarist and lyricist for a band that's pretty popular. So, I get pushed away from you. There's also the fans of you that will harass me. That's why I don't like parties, Ry." I looked over at him. "I mean, sure. I'll have a sip of your beer or whatever. But, that's a sip and illegal." I crossed my arms over my chest. "I just don't like them."

"Okay. Fair enough." Ryan nodded. "I appreciate you coming along though. I have fun when you come."

"I know. I kinda have fun. As much as I hate them." I sighed. He reached over and grabbed my hand. I smiled.

"We'll stay for an hour, and then we can leave. I promise." He stated, looking at me. His hair was a freaking bowl. I hate it.

I nodded.

{***}

We both got out of the cab and made our way to the inside of the bar. It was busy and crowded. People were already clobbering on to Ryan and I. Great. It's going to be the longest hour of my life.

"Come on. Just ignore them." Ryan leaned down and whispered. I nodded and walked closer to his. We approached the bar. I sat on a stool and Ryan stood next to me, his arm placed firmly at my lower back.

People came over to ask Ryan questions about the album or what's gonna come out next or whatever. It was rather annoying. We didn't get one second to think. People just bothered us, or well rather him. That's what I get for dating teenage-heartthrob Ryan Ross. But, that's whatever. That's what I get, I guess. Kinda. I don't even know or care right now.