The Piano Knows Something I Don't Know

"I told him I loved him." I looked at the barista who made me my drink. "I told him I loved him and he didn't say anything." I stated, stirring my coffee. I sighed. "Sorry. I don't know why I'm telling you all this." I shook my head. "Thank you." I picked up my cup and left. I walked down the street and back towards my apartment.

I pulled out my keys as I made the trek up the stairs. I placed my coffee on the small table and went to my phone. I picked it up and dialed Ryan.

Ring...

Ring...

Rin-

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey. You answered this time." I let out a breath of relief. "I wasn't expecting you to answer." I stated, pushing my back against the wall and sliding down to the floor. "I've called you every day. Why haven't you answered?"

I've been busy." He stated. "Sorry."

"It's fine." I replied coldly. "How is everything?" I asked.

"It's going." He replied, a frustrated sigh at the end. "I miss you." He stated softly.

"I miss you too." I replied, play with the cord to my phone. "Do you know when you guys will be back?" I asked.

"June 12."

"That's two weeks before my birthday." I grinned a bit. "I'll be a woman then." I let out a slight chuckle. "Nah. I'll still be as childish as I am now." I stated, standing to my feet, but almost falling. "Shit." I gasped, grabbing a hold of the counter behind me.

"You alright?" Ryan asked, a little worry laced on his voice.

"I was sitting on the ground and I went to stand only to fall back down." I stated, running a hand through my hair. "Fucking not doing anything. My life is boring without you guys." I sighed,

"We'll be home soon." Ryan replied, his voice a little deep.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's everything catching up with me and I think I caught a thing." He replied.

"Should I worry?" I asked, trying to go towards the kitchen.

"No. Don't be. I'll be fine." He let out a slight chuckle.

"I feel like I should let the worried girlfriend out and worry about you." I replied.

"You don't have to worry, Agnes." Ryan paused. "It's just a little cold. I'll get over it."

"But it's so much fun to worry." I sarcastically replied. "I won't worry." I added.

"Thanks." Ryan stated.

"I need to ask you a question..." I stated, grabbing a bottle of water and going back towards where the phone belongs.

"What's up?" Ryan asked, sounding a little worried.

"When I said I loved you, why didn't you say anything? I mean, you waited three years is a long time to wait kiss someone and make it mean something. You practically said you loved me before we even started to date. Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, my fingers finding their way back to the cord. "I tell you I love you after 6 months of dating and you left. You kissed me after 3 years. Was it too soon, Ry?"

"It wasn't too soon." He stated calmly. "I just wasn't expecting it. That's all." He added. "I didn't know what to say."

"There's more to it." I stated directly after he finished. "Isn't there? Be honest with me, Ryan." I crossed my arms over my chest. My hair, dirty and messily, hung over my face. I need a shower.

"I, uh..." He started, sounding nervous. "It's like you said. I forgot what it feels like to have someone love me. And when told me, I wasn't expecting it." He added.

"You're really bad at this. Just tell me."

"No one's said 'I love you' to me in a very long time, Agnes. I wasn't expecting you to tell me that. You hated me for the longest time."

"Would rather heard me say I was pregnant instead? I mean, it isn't that hard to do or say." I smirked, looking at the old carpet. "I'm sure it'll be bound to happen eventually anyway." I shrugged, looking at the wall. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." Ryan replied. "I forgot to tell you." He sniffed. "While we were playing in Leeds last week, they started to throw bottles at us. Brendon was protecting Jon and I because we couldn't hit them away from us. Bren was dodging one, and one came right at him. He didn't even see it coming."

"Is he okay? Did you guys finish the set? More importantly, is Brendon okay?"

"Brendon's fine. He got a bruise on the side of his head. We finished the set, even though we kept telling Brendon to sit the fuck down."

"Who you talking to?" Someone ask on his end.

"Agnes. Want to say hi?"

"Sure!"

"Brendon wants to say hi." Ryan sted before handing the phone off.

"What's this I hear about you getting bottled?"

"Oh..." Brendon replied. "I'm fine."

"You played a whole set after getting hit in the head with a plastic bottle?"

"Aggie, I'm fine."

"I'm gonna talk to your mother about this, Bren."

"You do that." He chuckled. "How are you doing?"

"Blah. Haven't done much." I stood up. "I actually have to go. I don't have money to pay the phone bill."

"Fine. Here's Ryan." Brendon handed the phone back to Ryan.

"I gotta go. I'll see you soon."

"It was nice to talk to you. I'll call next week and when we land."

"Sounds good. See you."

"Bye." He said and hung up.

"Yeah... Love you too." I sighed, pressing the phone to the receiver.