I Never Said I'd Leave This City

"You told him to..." I looked at Brendon. He was sitting next to me. "He... Brendon..." I shook my head. "We were going to get married, Brendon." I looked at the ground.

"Aggie, he was having a hard time with writing."

"He was having a hard time with a lot of shit, Brendon! Not only did I lose my boyfriend, you lost your lyricist for the band." I scoffed. "Apparently he was writing a song..." I played with my fingers. "About me. It was about me." I nodded.

"I know. He was having a hard time finishing it." Brendon started. "When he, Jon, Spence and I talked, he brought up that song. He said that when he left, he wanted Spencer and I to finish it. We don't hav-"

"It's not my band. And it's not my song." I barked, looking at him. "If you think it's good, finish it. I don't give a shit." I stated. "If you want..." I wiped my eyes before the water works turned on. "A break. A fucking break." I scoffed.

"I'm sorry, Ames." Brendon placed his hand on my knee.

"If you say it was for the better I will kick you out." I looked at him. He retracted his hand. "I broke the guitar." I sighed, looking towards the office where the rest of his shit was. "He has stuff in there. Take whatever the hell you want. I don't want it." I stood up and walked into the kitchen. A half empty bottle of wine was sitting out the counter. I grabbed it and walked back out to the living room.

"We got a new guitarist and bassist. You should meet Dallon. He's pretty cool. You'll like him." Brendon replied as he got up from the couch and went towards the office. I followed him. He became tense at the sight of the office. There were several books, two guitars, my guitar, and boxes of Ryan's junk.

"I'm still mad at you. You knew about what he was going to do and you didn't tell me." I stated before taking a sip of my wine.
"He asked if I didn't. I didn't want to be the one that broke your heart."

"We had plans. He and I." I sighed at the memory of us laying around talking about the future.

"We want you to come on tour with us. For when the next album comes out. I think it'll be fun. And good for you." Brendon turned and looked at me. That's what he does best. Changing the subject.

"I'd love too." I looked at the ground. A guitar pick was on the floor. I kicked it aside. "Take whatever." I stated, walking into the bedroom to grab my sweater. I slid it on only to realize it was Ryan's sweater. I had stolen it from him back in 2006, when we had the talk about us. The talk to confirm if we were boyfriend and girlfriend. I quickly pulled the sweater off and threw it into the office.

"I'll get Spencer to help me take the stuff. I'm sure there's still some stuff Ryan will want." Brendon looked at the desk. A picture of Jon, Spencer, Brendon, Ryan and I was sitting there. I frowned.

"Take it. I don't want it." I crossed my arms over my chest before leaving the room.

"Are you writing?"

"I haven't written a song in four weeks." I stated, sitting on the couch.

"You should write. It'll help."

"Brendon, it won't help. I mean, it won't help the fact that Ryan broke up with me because he "wanted a break". It won't help that I'm mad at you, Jon, and Spencer. It won't help that you have a girlfriend that is really super cool." I sighed, kicking my legs up onto the couch and looking up at Brendon. "Right now, I need to-"

"It's been a month."

"Brendon, I can't listen to a single song off of Pretty. Odd.. I never listen to music in general. But, when 'Behind The Sea' or 'Northern Downpour' come on on shuffle, I break down. I don't know how I'll survive this tour."

"So, we'll change the set list."

"No. People will flip their shit if you did that. Don't change the set list because of me."

"It's been a month, Agnes." Brendon came over to me and sat on the couch. "He and Jon are working on their own album. Should be out sometime next year."

"I wonder what it's going to sound like." I muttered.

"Jon told me it'll be Beatles-esque."

"So, like Pretty. Odd.?"

"Like Pretty. Odd." Brendon nodded. I sighed.

"Do you guys have any clue what the next album will sound like?"

"Not the foggiest." He stated. I laughed and shook my head.

"Not gonna lie, that was probably the first time I laughed since my birthday."

"Come over to my place. Dallon, Ian, and Spencer are stopping by for a song writing session. Bring a book or whatever and join us."

"Okay." I nodded. "Since you and Ryan are still friends, can you do me a favor?" I looked at Brendon.

"Agnes, you know I can try and do anything."

"I don't want to see him again. Not ever. I don't think I'd be able to handle it if I did."

"I'll try." He stated.

"Thank you." I smiled softly. "How's Sarah doing?" I asked.

"She's good." Brendon smiled lovingly at the thought of his girlfriend. As much as I was jealous of him, I'm happy he has a girl. I hope they get married. Who knows! Maybe they will!

"That's good." I nodded. It was silent for a few minutes.

(there's a sequel)