Ask to Go Steady

"Ah! Kill it! Kill it with FIRE!" You screamed running away fromthe evil thing that chased you, in the background Vladimir waslaughing joyously while Arthur snickered and Lukas had a amused smirkgracing his pale face. A lot of help they were.

"Sorry draga (darling) I'm not going to kill him." Vladimir wasable to pant out from the laughter.

You yelled in frustration as you tried to avoid the unicorn that haddecided it wanted to be cuddled by you. Normally you wouldn't beopposed to this but you were not in a cuddling mood today to beginwith and you didn't know this one. Finally having enough you took aquick turn diving behind the three boys and wrapping your arms aroundLukas's middle.

"Human shield!" You yelled holding him tightly as you hid behindhis body, even though he was the scrawniest of the trio he stillcovered your body with his own only being able to see slim glimpsesof you from either side and your arms wrapped around his middle.

"You might want to move Lukas," Arthur advised as the unicornneighed at him. You shivered realizing you were near a wall andwouldn't get away.

"Nei. (No.)" You said holding tighter as Lukas shivered athearing you speak in his native language. "Please?" You ask asthe other two sigh, they know there was no way in hell Lukas wouldnot do whatever you asked of him now. Not that they could blame him,they'd do the same.

"Why Name? The unicorn only wants a hug." Vladimir pointed out asyou peeked from Lukas's shoulder.

"I don't know the unicorn. I'm scared." You said quietly shakingslightly, you used to love unicorns however when you learned of theEastern tells of unicorns that would use their horn to impaleevil-especially ones that said they were too strict and anything thatwasn't perfect they'd kill-you had grown a fear of them.

The unicorn started clomping its foot on the ground and you let out asqueak shaking slightly. Lukas turned his body to take you into hisarms and stroke your hair. "Why are you afraid of unicorns love?"Arthur asked shocked, of all the things to be afraid of.

"When I was reading once I found out the tales of unicorns from theEast. They are scary." You started to shake again as Arthur andLukas had no idea Vladimir did and nodded his head sagely.

"Nothing to worry about, those are not as bad as they say draga,(love,) they are only after those who are truly evil." Vladimirexplained as you glanced at him from Lukas's chest. "The unicornwants to be near you because you are the purest of us here, we'dnever let anything hurt you." He said as he offered a hand. Youshaking took his hand and left the protection of Lukas's arms.Vladimir led you to the unicorn and once you were there he stoodbehind you, the front of his body pressed against your back. He sethis arms and hands over yours and doing that he moved his hand withyours in it to gently stroke the unicorns white locks. Slowly a smileovertook your fluffy face as for the first time since childhood yousaw true magic. The innocence of childhood.

After the unicorn had it's share of affection it nuzzled into yourplush stomach before heading away. Arthur pulled you away fromVladimir's chest pulling your pudgy side into his chest and held youto you, not realizing till now you were shaking slightly theadrenaline slowly wearing off. "See? Nothing to worry about love."Arthur assured stroking your side from right under your arm tohalfway down your thigh on the side that wasn't pushed against hischest.