Easter Preparations, Painting, and Decision

Josh POV

Me, Sophie, and Aster are standing on a small hill, watching a glowing flower opening up it's petals to reveal an egg with feet. 'Huh, so that's where these walking eggs are coming from.' I thought as Sophie giggled at the sight.

"You want to paint some eggs? Yeah?" Aster asked Sophie. "Okay." Sophie answered as she bounced in place. "You want to help, Josh?" Aster asked me. I had a surprised look on my face at first, but that turned into a smile. "Sure, I'd love to!" I told him happily. "Okay, c'mon." He told us as he picked up Sophie and placed her on his back, close to his neck of course. I then summoned my wings, as I didn't want to risk crushing one of these eggs and flew after Aster as he hopped kinda fast to some other area of the warren.

As I followed Aster, he ran under some plants that had blue petals in the shape of bells on them. (Someone please tell me the name if you know it!) As the many, many eggs followed behind Aster, to my surprise, the plants poof out some type of clouds in different colors, and colored the eggs as they passed through.

"All right, troops, it's time to push back. That means eggs everywhere! Heaps of you in every high-rise, farmhouse, and trailer parks! In tennis shoes and cereal bowls. Oh, there will be bathtubs filled with my beautiful googies!" I heard Aster say enthusiastically.

I chuckled and laugh at some of the places that Aster named off. Tennis shoes? Cereal bowls and bathtubs!? This is almost too much!!

As I flew, I spotted where Aster was standing, and landed beside him. I smiled as he noticed me and smiled back. I then look over at the other eggs as they jumped in the little river of pretty purple liquid that gave the eggs shiny lines when I looked at the one that North picked out of the river.

I then felt something hop on my feet. I looked down to see two of the eggs that was walking around the place, right on top of my shoes. There face, if they had one, facing upwards at me, as if it was curious about me. I put my hands next to both my shoes, thinking that they wanted to get closer. They then faced my hands and hopped on them as I brought them closer for me to see. Then I felt more small feet hop onto my person as I looked to find that more of these adorable eggs are on my legs, arms, shoulders, even on top of my head!

I giggled at the feeling of little tiny feet on my person. "Okay, that's a little strange." I heard North say. "No, mate. That's adorable." I heard Aster say next to me. I looked at him to see that he has two of them on his left leg, three in his hand, and two on his left shoulder. I also noticed that a bunch of butterflies are flying around the two of us.

He then turned to me and smiled as he saw that many of his "googies" are on me as I smiled back. As I looked at him, I honestly think that this is the cutest moment to ever happen in my life, and I don't want moments like these with Aster to end.

At that moment, I thought about how I felt about him. 'Throughout this crazy adventure so far, I've been hanging with Aster. He is funny, kind, very caring of me, rather affectionate towards me if all those close contacts with him is any hint. He makes me smile, he can be encouraging, and he also makes me feel safe when I'm close to him. He makes my heart beat faster when we make close contact. Plus, this is so embarrassing but, when I accidentally kissed him in his sleep, he smiled, in his sleep! His dream changed to one where we are together. I felt my heart soar to know that he held feelings for me too. It's official, I'm in love with Aster! But how do I tell him?" As I continued my thoughts, I heard Aster speak.

"There will be springtime! On every continent! And I'm bringing hope with me!" He said enthusiastically as he soon stood on an egg stone statue, right next to Sophie. I then turned my attention somewhere else to see eggs slide down vines that twisted at the end, that to, yet again to my surprise, gave them swirl marks.