Gifts and Confessions

Josh POV

"Aster, can I talk to you, privately?" I asked Aster as he turned to me. "Sure, mate. Follow me." He told me as he led the two of us to a secluded area of his warren. Once we got there he turned towards me. "All right, we're here. Nobody will hear us now. So, what did you want to talk about."

'I better give him the two gifts now, if what I have to say goes well, I might forget to give these to him later.' I thought as I opened my mouth to speak.

"Well, remember when I was 6, before my mom made me stop coming to your Easter egg hunts, you gave me this." I pulled out my gold and colorful Easter egg necklace from under my coat.

"Yeah, I gave it to ya so that as you grew older like the other kids, you wouldn't forget about me. Our time playing together back then were the best that I never want you to stop believing in me." Aster told me.

I let the necklace fall back into my coat as I hugged him. "Aww! Aster! Meeting you and having you as my best friend was the best thing to ever happen to me in my life!" I told him as he hugged me back. "I'm very happy to here that from you, Josh." He told me, while smiling.

When we let go of each other, I continued what I was saying. "Well, I wanted to give you something that I made, so that you'd never forget about me either. Since I never got to see you until now, I thought now was a better time then never...Tada!!!" I dug into my coat pocket and pulled out the rainbow wing necklace that I made for him, and showed it to him.

"Since you gave me something that reminded me of you, I thought, why not make you something that will remind you of me." I told Aster as he looked wide eyed at the necklace. "Josh..." I heard him say softly as he stared at the necklace. He then held both his hands out as I gave it to him. He grasped the necklace in his hands as he looked at it.

"Do you like it?" I asked kinda shyly. He then looked back at me with a big smile on his face. "I love it, mate. Thank you, Josh." He told me as he then put the necklace on. I smiled. "Your welcome." I then remembered the other gift.

"Oh! There is also another thing that I want to give you!" I told Aster as he looked back at me with a surprised look. "There's more?" He asked curiously. "Yeah, remember those eggs that I painted earlier?" I asked him as I dug in my coat pocket again for the two special eggs. Aster nodded. "Yeah, what about them?" He asked

I found the two eggs in my coat pocket and grabbed them. "Yeah, those weren't the only eggs that I painted. There were two more that I painted, but I painted those two specifically for the two of us." I told him as I began to pull them out of my coat pocket. Aster looked surprised again. "Really? Well, let's see them." He told me.

Bunnymund POV

This necklace that Josh made for me, it's beautiful! Now I've got something that will always remind me of him! I looked at Josh as he pulled something out of his coat pocket.

"Well, here they are!" Josh told me as I looked on in shock at the two of my googies that he painted for specifically the both of us. 'Okay, is Josh an artist!? Because these two eggs, are the most beautifully painted Easter eggs that I've ever seen!" I thought as I looked at my beautifully painted googies.

One of them was the same color as my fur, but a little shine added to it. The other was the same color as Josh's hair. The one with my fur color had golden carrots going around in the middle. The one with Josh's color however, had one of his rainbow colored feathers going all around the middle.

Josh then put both of them in my paw as I looked at them. "Wow Josh. These two are amazing!!" I told him. I looked up at him to see that he has a slight blush on his face.

"Thank you, though to be honest, those eggs walked up to me, wanting to be painted by me specifically." He told me. I looked him in absolute surprise. Some of my eggs wanted Josh to paint them? That's a new thing that I heard my eggs do.

I then thought about why he wanted our conversation to be private. "Josh, is this why you wanted our talk to be private?" I asked him. Josh then started to blush a deep red as he heard me. "No. Actually the real reason that I wanted to talk to you privately, is because I have something to tell you." He told me.

I looked at Josh curiously. "Okay, what is the real reason, Josh?" I asked. "Well, Aster, throughout this whole thing, I've been thinking. Ever since this whole thing started, you've been kind, caring of me when I was down about Sandy, your funny, and loving. Every time that you hug me, you make my heart beat faster. Every time you smile at me, I can't help but smile back. Every time you hug me, I never want to let go from your embrace. Ever since I got to see you again, my feelings for you have grown." He says as he blushed harder. "What...what are you trying to say?" I asked a bit in shock and hope. 'Is Josh going to tell me what I think he's going to tell me!?' I thought hopefully.

Josh turned to me, looking me in the eyes. "Aster..." He trailed off as he took a deep breath. "...I love you." He finally told me. I stared at him in shock and happiness. 'He loves me! Josh really loves me!' I thought in complete happiness. I was so happy that I grabbed hold of his face and kissed him with all the love I have for him.

Josh looked shocked at first, but gradually gave in, and kissed back with just as much love. I kissed him deeper and licked his lips, asking for entrance. Josh complied by opening his mouth a bit. As soon as he did that, I practically shoved my tongue in his mouth. Josh then really got into the kiss as he moaned while our tongues moved around in sync.

After 2 minutes of intense kissing, we separated for air as we panted from our make out session. When we both got our breathing under control, I grabbed Josh by the waist as he yelped, and hugged him close to me. I stared into his eyes lovingly.

"I love you too, Josh. I have been in love with you for awhile now." I told him. "Really?" Josh asked me. "Yes, Josh. You are very caring of others. Your funny, I love hearing you laugh, your good with kids, and not to mention, cute." I told him. He blushed at my last comment. I smiled. "I also feel very happy when your in my arms. To know that your are safe, with me. I also never want to let you go whenever we separated." I told Josh as held him even closer. I then leaned my face closer to Josh's. "Josh, I have something to ask you, will you...be my mate?" I asked him lovingly.

Josh stared at me with complete love and affection. "Yes, I will be your mate, Aster." He told me lovingly. I was so happy to hear him say that, I ended up kissing him passionately. Which Josh kissed back with just as much passion.

As we were kissing, I saw a light from between his neck and shoulder area shine a little. I moved the bit of coat that was covering his neck to see a mark that looked like an egg with intricate marks and a fancy 'B' in the middle.

As I looked at the new mark, I was filled with absolute happiness. Josh...is now my mate. This has got to be the best Easter in my entire life!!!