Chapter 1: Bran

"Get down here now, Brandon!"

The shout-- or shriek-- of Petunia Dursely was heard all throughout the house. Vernon chuckled out loud as their adoptive son, Brandon, who was ten, was still asleep when it was already eight in the morning. Petunia hated it when the boy would 'slack off'.

"Mum!" Another shout from a different part of house was heard. It was their other son, Dudley Dursely, is now twelve.

"Mum, have you seen my brown pants?! It's gone. Do yah think Bran got it?!"

"That question would only be answered if you wake him up, Duds," Vernon quietly suggested as he went up to Dudley's room to help him find his stuff.

The boys were always pranking each other around the house, but Bran, being magical, would always win. Sometimes it would annoy Dudley, and sometimes, it would make him feel amazed and a bit jealous of his brother's ability, but most of the time, he would make Dudley laugh so hard that tears would come out his eyes.

"You mean he's not yet awake yet?! It's about to turn eight!"

"That's why I'm awake, Duds," a gruff, sleepy voice took Dudely by suprise as he came face to face with Brandon, whose eyes were still hazed with sleep, and hair sticking all around his head, "Good morning, Dad."

"I hate it when you do that, Bran!" Dudley exclaimed, hating the flinch he would always feel when surprised, which made Bran roll his eyes.

"Mornin' Bran," Vernon said, and he quickly left the room, muttering to himself. "Now that Brandon's here, I think I have to wash up for breakfast..."

"Why do you think I do it, Dudley?" The younger boy taunted as soon as their father was out of the door.

"Oh shut up, Brandon!" Dudley groaned, stomping a foot down, "Come, help me find my pants. I'm gonna be late for my summer classes!"

Dudley was turning a bit annoyed at his younger brother.

"Yeah, right," Bran exasperatedly exclaimed, "You're such a lazy bone. You never know how to look for things! Maybe that's why you have your brown pants atop your head!"

"What?" Dudley immediately put a hand on his head to see if there was pants on it. There was none, of course, but Brandon would not have any of it. He always took his time to tease his brother about so many things. Vernon, who heard his youngest son, laughed to himself at this.

Brandon was still in his pajamas as he ran downstairs, quick as lightning, followed by Dudely. He was always a fast boy, and Vernon could've guessed that it came from the boy's father. Lily, his sister-in-law, was never one for running. She was graceful and beautiful, and she had magic in her. The boy had her eyes,her nose, her smile and her magic. The rest- well, it should've been the father. Brandon was tall, and had pale skin. He had dark hair, as black as a crow's feather. Brandon was sharp and pick up on things quickly.

Dudley had taken after his father,  and was not so tall. Brandon was almost taller than his older brother. Dudley had brown hair and brown eyes. He had a bulky body, and it made him intimidating.

"Run as fast as you can," Dudley screamed, "because I'm coming to get you, Brandon!"

The boys were both rambunctious and they both filled the house with laughter.

Brandon screamed, not wanting to be subjected to his brother's ire.

"Mummy!" Bran called for their mother

"Stop that, boys!" Petunia scolded the two, "Breakfast's ready. Call your father."

At that, the boys halted, but still smiling at each other. Brandon said a quick, "Morning, Mum," which Dudley echoed.