Chapter 4: Diagon Alley

He stared at the shops, the people and the voices that tend to be everywhere in Diagon Alley. They had taken a quite horrid bus that morning, the Knight Bus, it was called, and he could not help but be amazed by it. A few weeks before, he thought he was never going to be in one. He even thought it was one of the many fairytales his Mum used to tell Dudely and him before.

They went to some place called The Leaky Cauldron where Vernon called the attention of some guy named Tom, who introduced himself as the bartender and the innkeeper. They showed them the letter and said that they were taking their son who was a Muggleborn to Diagon Alley to purchase school supplies. He was afraid at one point that Tom would recognize him as the Boy Who Lived, but he didn't seem to mind him although he could reach the counter easily. He was wearing black comfortable shoes and a vest. To be honest, he looked like every other 'wizarding' child he passed by in The Leaky Cauldron and in Diagon Alley itself.Vernon was right to point out that wizards rather dress themselves smartly.

Tom changed their currency to galleons, saying their money couldn't buy nor was it worth anything on Diagon Alley. He then pointed them to some fireplace he called Floo. Brandon was now dumbstruck as he came face to face with a Floo Network System that actually worked. It was a queasy ride, but it was fine since Vernon was there to keep him from tumbling. He was careful to enunciate every word as Tom instructed.

They first went to the Pet Shop, which was called 'Creatures of Magic and Not of Mr. Havenshield". There, he saw many magical and non-magical animals. How his Mum and Dad knew their way around Diagon Alley was not for him to know. Well, not yet, at least.

The store were filled with kids screaming and squeaking, older ones looking and paying and some his age glancing around.

"Choose your pet now, Bran." He heard his Mum say. So, he did. He hesitantly looked around, and then went towards a white little thing, his tail swishing and he was growling at everyone he saw. He backed away. Next, he went to beautiful owls; there were white ones, small ones, brown ones, even ruddy ones. Most of the people in the store would come to get them, though. He decided he might buy one in the future, since the description read they could be used for carrying parcels and letters, but he didn't want one now.

Kneazles did not caught his fancy, since he didn't like cats, given that the lady next door to them, Mrs. Figg, had almost hundreds of them, and Kneazles looked like cats.

As for Toads, he wasn't into them. They croak too loud and tend to get away most of the time.

He sighed as he decided that maybe, he couldn't bring a pet for his first year at Hogwarts.

"Ouch! It bit me!"

Brandon turned to see a blonde haired boy clutching his finger. It was bleeding (a little) and he looked more annoyed than in pain.

"What was that, Draco?" A man who could be easily guessed as the boy's father came behind to inspect the finger. The man looked dangerous and important, and the Draco boy looked snotty. He saw him smirk as his father threatened the shopkeeper that they will 'close the place down' and 'I'll file a case against you for neglection of customers' or something like that, since the people now gathered around them. He himself was ushered by his Dad and Mum out, but he looked back to see the creature that 'bit' the Draco boy. It was black, like a dog, and it was still a pup. It looked around wearily as children turned away from it. Brandon stopped to read the description.

Direwolf

-found commonly in cold regions, direwolves are magical pets that can grow fast and strong. It has characteristics like a dog and can be loyal. It is also loving and loves attention. They can bond to the owner, if the owner is found to be good enough to handle its wild side.