Chapter 31: BOOM!

Harry was dragged towards the office, his small legs struggling and stumbling on the hard stone floor of Hogwarts. The cuff of his neck was held with a force, and Harry can't help but acknowledge the fact that Snape was fearsome man to cross.

Why must he be stupid?! Snape had told him time and time again, never disobey his rules. But the pull, the thrill on his young and rather impulsive mind has proved to be too much, and he wanted to find out things that no other student in the whole School even knows. It had brought to Harry a temptation of a kind, one that he knew was to be stuff of legends, worthy of many books-- but he hadn't anticipate Snape. He forgot along the way how Severus Snape was a man who was brilliant, powerful and a Slytherin to top it all. Harry thought he could do it on his own, on his own terms.

"Get in, Potter," Harry winced. The man's tone was not kind in the least. It was rough, rather laced with distrust, and his gaze bore a hole in Harry's heart.

Then, another kind of fear gripped his small frame. It was choking out every inch of confidence and trust in himself.

It was the fear of losing someone that meant to him.

Oh, how Harry wanted to hold the man with his arms, and hear from Snape's own mouth that he still was his ward, that he wasn't to undergo hell and back and hell again. To Harry, it was the worst fear yet, and it made his eyes heat up. He was going to cry-- he knows it. But Harry wanted to get rid of the sudden uncertainties and the regrets that were making his heart heavier and heavier as the seconds ticked by.

Suddenly, he saw Snape's hand slam the desk with a force, and Harry jumped. He was trembling; his hands were sweating and his lips went dry.

"Look at me, Potter."

Harry didn't dare, and when Snape forcefully tipped his head up, Harry's eyes snapped close. He couldn't bare to look at Snape.

Not now, not ever.

"Open those eyes, Potter, and look. At. Me."

Harry shook his head. Tears were already falling down his cheeks like a rainfall; his cheeks were warm. Harry was sorry.

"Open your eyes, boy!" Harry pursed his lips to stop the howl and sobs. His throat went aching as he swallowed one sob after the other.

Snape was never going to love him. No one's going to love a troublemaker. No one's going to love an orphan, a foster child, a freak like him.

But Harry opened his eyes, nevertheless. When he did, he was met by Snape's heated eyes, the black orbs in them swirling. The air cackled like fire, and there was the harsh wind that slapped against Harry's skin. They burned his arms, but Harry did not dare look away.

Then Snape smirked. Harry shivered. The black eyes glinted with mocked surprise. Harry's eyes continued to pour out his tears and Harry was unable to stop them.

"You honestly thought you could sneak out with the Cloak, did you, Potter?" The man's words were scarring Harry's eyes, and Harry felt tortured. "I am impressed by your sheer stupidity, Potter!"

Then Snape was towering over him, his eyes glaring, dark shadows were cast over them. "You think you are well above the rules, don't you, Potter? Living up to dear old Dad's legacy," Snape mocked. To Harry, every word that came out of his Entrusted's mouth was akin to being slashed and scarred to pieces. He felt himself bleed on the inside, even his heart hurt. His every breathing hurts.

"You, Potter, are a spiteful, arrogant little brat. Daddy James would've been very proud of you. I disapproved of that bloody Cloak since the start, but you would dare go gallivating in that blasted, infernal Cloak of yours! Ha! Dream on, you blasted brat! But know this, I am not, and I never will be proud of you! I will never be proud of such disgraceful behaviour. Especially from a ward of mine!"