Chapter 13: Training... or not?

"Oh, bloody Merlin! This stinks!" Lancel huffed into his curly hair to make them fly as he let himself fall onto the carpet. They had just finished all their assignments due tomorrow and Brandon was quietly talking with Hermione on the floor near one side of the wall and Draco and Theodore were playing chess and many gathered to watch the intense match between the pair. It was Wednesday afternoon, and there were many people in the Common Room. It was raining hard outside, so the remaining activities scheduled after classes were cancelled, including the try outs for quidditch.

"Hey, Lancel. We haven't seen you all week!" Brandon looked up to see the small group whom Lancel introduced to him before. Bran was about to call them when something, or rather, someone, blocked his view.

"Hello, Brandon Dursely." Melinda Ariore went in front of them and was smiling sweetly. Too sweetly.

"Uh, hello, Melinda."

"Who's that with you?" Before Bran could answer, she went on to squeeze herself and sit down between them without saying her excuse. Hermione became surprised, then annoyed. She glared silently at the other girl, her brown, hazel eyes flashing.

"Uhm, this is Hermione." Brandon  said, pertaining to her. Melinda, the other girl, turned to her and gave her a grin, "Hello, I'm Melinda Ariore. I'm Brandon's friend." Obviously, she looked so possessive of Brandon, even going to the lengths to encirle an arm on Bran's. This annoyed her more.

Who was she anyway, acting all high and mighty? She's so rude!

"Yeah, Hermione Granger. Pleased to meet you." The girl was obviously doing it on purpose. It's stupid, she knows, but she can't help the jealousy on the two. Bran and the girl were friends even before she and Bran.

Now, she had no one to talk to! The two seemed to be engulfed with each other, and Brandon seemed to enjoy the attention. She was about to stand when she heard Brandon say, "I really need to go, Mel." But the girl laughed and begged for Brandon to stay.

Mel? They are on endearments now?

That was probably stupid, but she just can't stand being ignored, especially by Brandon.

-----

Lancel watched the scene unfold.  Melimda was so hooked on Brandon, and even if she would not say it, she liked Dursely very much.

"Mel's smitten by your new friend, Curly, while I bet Granger's going to kill her," Aragorn Dreymund commented, "and this really sucks!" I was hoping to watch the try outs! Rain on a time like this..."  Aragorn leaned on to the sofa and looked intensely bored.

Suddenly, Peter and his twin, Patrianne looked at each other and smiled.

"I don't like the way you smile, you both." Liannus Amurray saw it and said it in the most acerbic tone he had.

"Oh come on, you sound like Snape, mate." Aragorn put a hand on Liannus' shoulder, "You, mate, need to start appreciating things. Or you'll end up spouseless, childless and sour."

"Atricus got that covered for me, Dreymund. He always flaunts the House genes."

"That's why he ended in Ravenclaw, hmm?"

"Blame it on our Father. I hate that he had to pretend that he's tough and all, the dunderhead. He still needs to pay me a hundred galleons or more."

"Shut up, Amurray. You're soft when it comes to Atricus." A girl with auburn hair came into view. She had several drops of water on her braided hair, with her left eye covered by her hair.

"Chasing each other under the rain with your fiancé again, are you, Chimesteele?" Liannus looled at her somberly.

"I was not chasing Atricus under the rain, you git! I had to run without an umbrella. Madam Pomfrey called me to assist her."