Chapter 38: 'Please Don't Leave'

A/N: this is the one time harry (well, our bran, that is) goes out of his persona. this took me a while to write, as i found it difficult to do so. hope you'll like it!

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

"Top of the practicals, top in written exams- your boy is one quite dedicated student, Severus," Minerva remarked, pleased and proud, "He is, according to Filius, indeed Lily's son. His flair on a broom is unparalleled, as is his Potioneering, flawless."

Severus sat straighter, his dark eyes gleaming, "As well as he should be."

Minerva took a sip off her cup, and savoured the calming warmth wash over her body. Severus' brew had always been her favourite, "He is not overworking himself, is he?"

"Well, no. I make sure he still goes out. I had taken him with me to Hogsmeade for the weekend," Severus nonchantly answered, "although I would appreciate it if your Weasely Twins would at least go easy on filling his head with such profound ideas."

At the mention of Harry's newly acquired friends, Minerva had to smile wistfully and happily. The Weasely Twins had always been a handful, but they were one of the few who were not bothered by such nonsense as House rivalries. They were the best and the worst pair she could have in her House, but they were exceptional Quidditch players, and Minerva was proud of Fred and George, as both had been consistent in their grades and had a knack for Potions and Charms- two of the most difficult subjects at Hogwarts.

"Well, if you ask me, Severus, I think that their ideas as quite amusing, don't you think?"

Severus eyed one of his most trusted friends, "I do not think that a chocolate mint flavoured Pepper Up is, under any rate, 'amusing,' Minerva. Can't he at least have friends who would help him brew a cure for Lycanthropy?"

Minerva had to laugh at that. Snape might be denying it, but to Minerva, it sounded like Severus was already trying to make a literal Snape Junior in every possible way.

"I'm sure he could, someday. The boy has ingenuity, and is quite smart and resourceful. I am sure that with the right tutelage, he could even outdo you."

Severus nodded. Maybe Harry will become better than him. Severus could accept defeat if it meant that it was his son that is up there, on the pedestal. Front page on Potions Weekly and Brewery Times? Snape could almost see it, and he could almost touch the papers with his son's face and name on it. Snape almost smiled, but reminded himself that Harry was still too young- he might prefer being an Auror like Potter Senior, or a Charms Master. Harry could become whoever he wanted to be; of that, Severus was sure.

"Well," McGonagall abrupted his line of thoughts, "it is already four, Severus. I have my last period for the day. Thank you for being, as usual, a good host, and a good tea brewer."

Snape nodded, "See you sometime around dinner, then, Minerva."

Minerva was about leave when they had heard Harry's voice calling from the door. Severus opened it to reveal his pale som, who threw himself at Snape as soon as he caught sight of his father. Minerva had to let out a very surprised 'oh' at the sudden action.

"Harry?"

The boy only answered with a small sob, and buried himself on his father's waist.

Minerva immediately said her excuses and Severus let her. He had his son to worry about.

Lifting Harry by the armpits and securing him on his hip, Severus placed a kiss on Harry's brow to soothe him. Harry on held on tighter and continued to cry his heart out.