Chapter 37: Back to Hogwarts

A/N: so, uh... got really psyched up while doing homework. so much so that i had decided to add up to the book rather than doing homework.

♠♠♠♠♠♠

The Great Hall was jampacked, and the ever silent and composed Slytherin First Years all discussed in hushed murmurs.

"This is quite a bummer," Lancelot Brockenhurst says as he stuffed mashed potatoes in his mouth, "we haven't seen Bran for more than five minutes since the Holidays. When will he get back?"

"Probably never," Liannus Ammuray quipped. At the remark, Hermione Granger's eyes flashed towards the pessimistic boy.

"Don't say that, you git," Draco Malfoy says with a grimace, "or you'd suffer the wrath of Granger."

Amurray only shrugged. Hermione went back to her lunch, but felt a bit more down than before. Melinda Ariore silently ate, but her face says quite the opposite of being calm. Her beef was being stabbed to minced pieces.

"Stop murdering the cow, Miss Ariore. It is unbecoming of a Slytherin," Prefect Wellington admonished gently.

Melinda looked up, "Sorry, Prefect."

Helena smiled understandingly and promptly shushed the others as the Second Years next to her ate boisterusly.

Iann Verona carefully eyed the 'gang'. The Blinton Twins seemed subdued for the past few weeks. Perhaps out of the constant absence of Brandon Dursely, there was at least one set of troublemakers to cross out of the list. Sweet Merlin knows how much he and Helena needed a break from their patrol just to keep the Lower Years- especially the Blinton Twins- from loitering and making mischief around the Castle.

♠♠♠♠♠♠

Harry carefully stepped out of the Floo, his bag of clothes in his hands and Sebastian close behind.

He drank in the sight of the Slytherin Common Room, and noticed that it was the time of the year where his father must have had instructed the house elves to change the tapestries and the setting of the Common Room.

The earthly colours were now changed into dark green, resembling the wall of vines with little flowers in one of Hogwarts' mini gardens. There was an addition of a few more books, and a new grandfather's clock was proudly glinting against the wall. There was a new portrait as well, one of the elder Slytherin Head of Houses was quietly snoring in his frame. Harry noted the absence of Queen Cassiopeia and was thankful to find a brand new one guarding the Slytherin caverns.

"Melusina," Harry whispered as he beholded the ethereal beauty of the Goddess. She had long, long hair that floated like the course of a river at bay. The moonlight in the tapestry added to the fantastical look of her as her back shone and her hair glinted against the light. She was, as expected, swimming and bathing ever so gracefully in the water, the hushed murmurs of the spring with which she was always associated adding to calming effect of the sight of her. Quietly, Harry revered the Water Nymph.

Looking around some more, Harry smiled at the sight of the fluffy cushions that were of midnight blue colour, and the ashen rugs that accented the effect of being in an elegant, comfortable place. The hearth was roaring with fire, and Harry noticed a few pictures of past and present Slytherins posted on one part of the room.

Near the stairs to the dorm, there were also a few trinkets and a column that had posted letters and notes. There were also snippets of poems, written by students or just some of their favourite lines.