Almost There... Almost

Aragorn halted his horse and looked around. This was a good spot for tonight; protection from behind because of the bolders. In the distance he could already spot the Last Bridge that would lead them across the river. He was glad they had passed the Weathertop without any trouble, last time when Aragorn had been near Amon Sûl they had been threatened by the Ringwraiths. But the Top was now only a dark dot in the distance.

"We'll rest here for tonight," Aragorn stated and he dismounted his horse.

Victoria stretched her back when she - very painfully and ungracefully - had dismounted Elvira. She wasn't used anymore to riding that long. She thought the first days had been bad but now the myalgia was even worse. Her back, butt and legs hurted, and carefully she took a few passes forward so that she could reach the belt of the saddle.

"Are you alright?" Varonwe asked, supressing a laugh when he noticed her rigid movements.

"Yeah, just not used to it anymore."

Varonwe chuckled and looked at Esmerelda who was having the same difficulties. "No worries, you'll be used to it in no-time." He lifted the saddle off of his horse and placed it on the ground in such way so that it could be used as a head-rest for tonight. A pillow would have been more comfortable but still, it was better than a rock.

"I hope so," Esmerelda grumbled while rubbing her sore upper legs. Every movement she made was painful, she just had to stretch her legs for a while in stead of only sitting on a pony. Maybe then the myalgia would lessen.

"Victoria?" she called out to the brunette.

"Yeah?"

"Shall we go collect some firewood?"

Victoria put the saddle on the ground and nodded. "Sure." She and Esmerelda started to make their way to the trees just a bit ahead, but Varonwe quickly joined them.

"I'm coming with you," he announced when he saw their slightly suprised expressions.

"Why?" Esmerelda questioned him, although Victoria obviously didn't mind because a small smile started to play on her lips.

"Because we promised to keep you safe."

Esmerelda frowned while she reenacted that night in her mind, but such thing hadn't been said. "That's not true. I could come if my brother could come with us too, but more hasn't been said."

Varonwe shrugged. "Maybe not out loud, but still, we made a promise to ourselves; we would keep you all safe."

Victoria glanced at him, she found him very noble. She was glad she had decided to leave her hometown and go with them. This way of living was much better than what she was used to and she didn't even miss her brothers, yet.

Esmerelda rolled her eyes. "Thanks, Ranger-boy but I can take care of myself." And as if the Gods were mocking her, she tripped over a root and face planted into the sand. Varonwe chuckled, not even trying to keep his laughter in, while Victoria did more effort to keep a straight face and she managed to lift only one corner of her mouth in a small smile in stead of a big grin. She helped the Hobbit back on her feet and Esmerelda shot a glare at Varonwe.

"That proves nothing," she grumbled, whipping the dirt off of her face.

~*~*~*~*~

Livianna shook her long blonde hair out of her eyes and rolled her shoulders to relax the muscles. She was being too tense, she could move better when her body was ready but relaxed. She tightened and loosened the grip on the hilt of her sword as she observed her opponent, waiting for the next move. Livianna noticed a small twitch of the eye, almost unnoticeable but she knew what was coming. She easily dodged the blow by diving to the ground and rolling under it. She sprang back on her feet and turned around, taking the sword with her by letting it fly around. She expected to hit flesh but till Livianna's suprise, she hit the blade of her sister.

"You're predictable," Norin stated with a grin and she grabbed the hilt of her sword also with her other hand so that she could push more force on it. She drew back her sword by a few inches and then clashed it again against Livianna's sword. High, low, high, the sword was moving in a wide circle and there was nothing Livianna could do about it. The blows were too strong, she could only try to keep a grip on it but then the sword flew out of Livianna's hands. She stared at it, it was laying a few meters ahead in the grass (A/N: Bonus points if you know what scene this is).Slowly, she focussed her eyes back on Norin.

"How did you do that?" she asked suprised, rubbing her hands together. The sword had left her hands quite violently.

Norin smiled mysteriously and pushed her sword back into its sheath, but still decided to tell her sister the truth. It couldn't hurt and they could learn both from this moment. "I've read about it, never tried it before though. I'm quite pleased it worked."

Elrond clapped his hands together in steady rhythm and with it, he interrupted Livianna who was about to say something to Norin.

Norin averted her gaze towards her father and smiled proudly. "You see, father. We can take care of ourselves."

Livianna smiled too, although it wasn't as bright as Norin's. She had been defeated, in a sword fight. How was that possible? She was not suppose to lose. But then, it was her sister and they were all great warriors. She shouldn't be ashamed to be defeated by her. And if they ever got threatened, Norin and Livianna would stand together and then nothing could stop the two beautiful and fierce elleths. They would have each other's back and their enemies would tremble and quiver with fear.

Elrond inclined his head towards his daughters, it was a small gesture but great enough for them. "I suppose you can. The Rangers can be here any day now and it eases my heart to know my daughters can handle themselves."

Arwen - who had battled with Elrohir in front of Elrond - took a few steps towards Elrond who also smiled warmly at her. They all had his blessing to go to the Greenwood, and the girls couldn't wait to depart.

Let's hope they can make it without any trouble because a dark shadow and his helpers arise in the Misty Mountains...

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Only. A. Few. More. Days. To. Go. Gosh, I'm so done with everything... I need a holiday, a pretty darn long one too...

Also, what do you girls / boys think of my very first motorcycle? She's beautiful, isn't she? :) I have bought her yesterday and I ish very proud of it