I Should Start Giving It Numbers Since The Titles Are Getting Worse and Worse

Laughter and chatter filled the air and drifted towards the raven, which was sitting upon a rock nearby the mountains. Its black beady eyes focused on the sources of the noise and decided to warn its master.

Caligo silenced the commanders with a flick of his hand when the warning reached his mind. The five Urgals reached to their throat but no matter what they tried, no sound escaped their cracked lips. Not unless the Shade allowed them to do so again. Caligo casted a small spell so that he could see what his raven was seeing, and what he saw worried him a bit. Although, worry would be too exorbitant: a group of a dozen people were heading towards the mountain line, obviously armed and fully prepared. They could take them out, without a doubt, but the Urgals had let some escape before. Who said it wouldn't happen again? If this group spotted the hidden army in the mountains and managed to get away, it would be war. They weren't ready yet for another encounter, they weren't ready yet to announce themselves to this world of which they knew nothing about.

Caligo ordered the raven to follow them, he wanted to know which pass they were taking and turned his attention back at the commanders. The raven would warn him if something happened.

"Send out two scouts," Caligo demanded, as if there hadn't been any interruption at all. "I want a map." After all, they couldn't just go march through the lands without having a clue where they were heading to.

The first commander tried to say something and with a sigh, Caligo lifted the spell.

"As you wish, sir."

"And don't fail me this time." Caligo knew he actually should try and make contact with Him, but last time he had send out a patrol, they had failed to bring Him a message and they had lost the map, and not to mention, most of them had died. Pathetic creatures they were... Days had passed by and Caligo wasn't going to take the risk of letting them fail again. He knew where He was and would go there himself. He cursed himself for only having one map and he had been stupid enough to let the Urgals take it with them. He wouldn't make that mistake twice.

The five commanders left the cave, and right at that moment another warning reached his mind. Caligo shut himself out of his surroundings and shifted his mind back to the raven. He needed a few seconds to realise what he was seeing. They were not going over the mountain? No, they were going underneath it. He grinned, they were never going to see them. This was good. Very good.

But, Caligo was also very curious about what layed beneath the mountains. His grin faded away and the wheels were spinning in his head. What was that stupid human saying back in Alagaësia? Something about keeping your friends close but your enemies closer? Actually, that sounded as a great plan. Well, at least, the plan was beginning to form itself, but he would have to act fast...

"Skgog!" Caligo shouted the name of the last Urgal who was about to leave the cave.

Startled, Skgog turned back to face the Shade. "Yes, sir?"

Caligo smiled mischievously. "I'm going to infiltrate with the enemy. You're in charge until I return."

Skgog paled by hearing those words, he knew what that meant: if something went wrong, he would be the one to blame. He swallowed loudly and would love to refuse this offer, but the Shade wouldn't be too happy about that. He did not take no for an answer.

"Of course, sir. It would be my honour," the Urgal lied.

For a moment, Caligo observed him but Skgog would be too scared to cross him. "Get a map of this Middle Earth and await my return. If something happens, you can send Vulvec to find me."

Skgog had a confused look written all over his face.

"The raven, you idiot." And with that, Caligo pulled the force of a spirit that lurked inside him towards the surface, and used that energy to perform a very powerful spell...

Skgog shielded his eyes with his enormous hand when a bright flash appeared, and when it had decreased again, their leader was no longer in the cave. He shuddered. "He gives me the creeps," he mumbled.

Skgez - his eldest son - walked back in the cave when he noticed his father had stayed behind.

"Where did the master go?" he wondered.

"I have no idea," Skgog answered, "but he put me in charge."

~*~*~*~*~

"I can see it," Ayleen shouted when she spotted the entrance towards the mines of Moria. She couldn't wait to see Gimli again.

Victoria lead her horse towards the Ranger and followed her look, but she must be seeing something she could not see. It was just rock. Ayleen noticed her dubious looks and laughed.

"Come, follow me. I'll show you." She ushered her horse towards a trot and Victoria followed her, they were too excited to wait for the rest of their group.

Ayleen jumped out of the saddle and gestured at a specific rock in the mountain side. Now Victoria could see it too: it had the shape of a door. A huge door, to be exact.

"What's it like?" She asked Ayleen curiously. "The mine?"

Ayleen's eyes started to sparkle. "It's beautiful, but you'll have to see it for yourself to believe it. No description can cover its magnificence."

After the destruction of the One Ring, Gimli and some more of his kind had decided to rebuild Khazad-dûm and once again, the mine welcomed its friends with open arms.

Finally, the others had caught up as well and dismounted. The two girls walked back to lift their bags off of the horses.

Victoria put her bagage on the ground and stroke Zara's neck. "Please, please, follow the others," she whispered in her ear.

"I'm sure it's going to be alright."

Victoria spun around when she heard Varonwe's voice. "How do you know?"

Varonwe shrugged. "Horses live in herds, she won't wander off. Believe me."

Victoria was about to question him about that as well, but then some screams drifted their way. Immediately, Varonwe's face turned serious and he pushed her behind his back while he drew his sword.

The others drew their weapons as well and Aragorn, Elladan and Elrohir formed a protective circle around the Hobbits - much to their dislike, though.

A man dressed in ruptured brown clothes ran towards them. His eyes stood frightened and he uttered a scream of relief when he saw the travelers.

"Please help me!" he begged them as he was running closer. Occasionally, he almost tripped over his own feet as he casted some nervous looks back over his shoulder. He was obviously running from something.

Norin nodded at Livianna and cautiously, they walked towards the stranger. The arrow on Livianna's bow was ready to fly, but Norin withdrew her sword and just in time, she caught the man before he fell onto the rocky ground.

She steadied him and dropped her hands again, letting one hand rest on the hilt of her sword. "Who are you? And why are you running?"

The man gasped for air and his eyes darted over the travelers. "My name is Call, I was attacked on the road! Please, you have to help me before they get back!"

Elladan and Elrohir exchanged some looks, they were not sure what to think of it.

"Call," Norin continued. "Calm down and tell us exactly what happened."

Call seemed to relax a bit, but his shoulders were still tense. "There were this strange creatures, not orcs or goblins. I don't know what they were. They stole my bags and horse! They were about to kill me, but I ran when I got the opportunity."

Elrohir lowered his bow. He thought he knew which creatures Call meant. He and his brother had encountered them too... There was something strange going on in Middle Earth and he did not like it one bit.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating in ages! I feel horrible! I have too many stories ongoing...

Anyways, still, I hope you liked this chapter!

~*~*~*~*~