Some Questions Answered, Some Not

Thranduil turned his head towards the sound of the footsteps. Finally, his guards had found the intruders, it had took them long enough. It felt as if it had been months. He turned his whole body when both of his sons entered the great Halls, and his garments dramatically flowed behind him. A frown appeared on his forehead, they were Elves but why hadn't he had received word from them then? No wait, not all of them were Elves. His frown became even deeper. The Dwarf tried to keep out of sight but Thranduil still noticed him. What was a Dwarf doing in this woods?

Abendago realised he was noticed by the King and stepped away from behind Arianeth, after all; he wasn't afraid of the Great Thranduil. He almost snorted out loud when that thought entered his mind.

"Explain your business in my Kingdom," Thranduil demanded when he was sure he got the attention of all of them. Yes, he recognised Haldir and Rúmil, but why were they here?

Amarië stepped forward and made a reverence. "King Thranduil, my name is Amarië. Haldir and Rúmil are the guards appointed by my father when I decided I wanted to travel to Mirkwood to see its beauty."

"You must be a very young elleth," Thranduil commented after a small silence.

"I am, but I do not see how that's important?"

"It's indeed not, I welcome you, Amarië, but this is not called Mirkwood anymore. The balance in Middle Earth is restored, so it is called Greenwood once again."

Am's face flustered with a shade of pink. "Of course, my King. I am sorry."

Abendago couldn't help himself and coughed loudly. "The balance is restored?"

Thranduil fixated his piercing blue eyes back on the Dwarf in a blink of an eye.

"I've been living in this world for quite a few years now and if you mean that all is well now once again, Thranduil, then how come we're still not allowed to pass this forest without being captured as mere fugitives?"

"Abendago," Arianeth whispered at him, "now is not the time and I told you to be quiet."

"I do not think you get it, Dwarf. I am still King and I want to know who enters my Kingdom."

Phoenix rolled his eyes at Legolas. "Here we go again." But Legolas ignored his younger brother and continued to observe the conversation between his father and the visitors.

"O well, excuse me," Abendago said mockingly. He hadn't known Arianeth for a long time but he was sure they were on some kind of mission, and he just hated the fact they had been stopped by the Forest Guard. What if there were lives at stake?

Thranduil raised an eyebrow by hearing his sarcastic tone.

"Don't mind him," Arianeth quickly came between them. "He's with me and we're heading towards the Misty Mountains."

Thranduil waited for more but there came none. "Just the Mountains?"

Arianeth nodded.

"What could there possibly be found in the Mountains?"

"If I know, I'll let you know, my King."

"Yeah, or not," Abendago muttered under his breath. "It's not like the dollop head of a King cares about the rest of the world."

Thranduil had had it. "What did you call me?"

Arianeth tried to warn him with a stern look but Abendago still repeated it. "A dollop head."

"Enough of this nonsense. Throw him the dungeon until he figures out how to talk to me properly." Thranduil did not know what a dollop head was, but he was sure he didn't liked to be called as that. And most surely not by a Dwarf, he should be taught a lesson.

Narsil and Melwin crossed eyes and grabbed the Dwarf by his upper arms and ushered him in front of them, setting course towards the cells. Arianeth sighed and rolled her eyes, he just couldn't keep his mouth shut. She quickly apologised to Thranduil, she decided to follow the guards to talk some sense into Abendago. He wasn't going to get out of the prison cell without the permission of Thranduil. The guards were fast walkers, almost completely descended the stairs and when Arianeth had caught up with them, Abendago was already put inside the cell.

"Well, this is a nice change of scenery."

~*~*~*~*~

Karina looked with fear in her eyes at the Dwarf who was being lead towards the prison. What if Thranduil decided to put her in a cell as well? She shouldn't be here, she had just wanted to visit Greenwood to behold the great trees, not the great King himself. Slowly she fixated her eyes back at Thranduil and he caught her looks.

"And what about you." His voice cut through the silence that had set up when Abendago was being led away. "What is your business here?"

Karina swallowed. "I'm Karina, my Lord." Her name left her tongue before she realised it. O no, why did she told him that. Quickly she continued, hopefully he hadn't had noticed. "I just wished to wander through the Greenwood for while. I'm merely interested in its beauty, nothing more nothing less."

Thranduil pondered about the name for a while, he was sure he had heard it before but he couldn't quite remember. He looked at her, taking in her appearance. She sure looked familair with her strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes and her delicate face with freckles. "Haven't we met before?" He decided to ask her. "Karina is not a common name for an elleth, but yet I was not suprised when I heard it."

Karina's face went more pale than it normally was, but she tried to hide her nervousity and she shook her head. "No, King Thranduil, we have not met before. I am sure I would have remembered."

But Thranduil did not seem to hear her answer, he was staring into the distance; almost forgetting there were still others around him. O, he did remember now but it had been a long, long time.

Caladhiel and the Elves she had brought in looked at Thranduil a bit in bewilderment, where was he with his thoughts?

Legolas cleared his throat. "Adar? Are you alright?"

Karina feared for what could happen next but till her suprise, he just smiled. "Of course I am, Legolas." He looked at Amarië. "You're welcome to stay here in the Elven Halls, as are you, Karina."

Phoenix and Legolas stared at him as if he had become crazy. First, he didn't want any strangers setting a foot in his Kingdom and now he offered them a place to stay in the Halls? What was going on?

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: I'M ALIVE!! Well, sorta. *whispers* school is evil... But yeah, a dialogue chapter! Hooray! Haha... It's so boring, isn't it? Only reading dialogue, I mean. But I've been dropping hints, so I hope it's not a total bore. I had a really hard time with writing why Abendago was in a cell, I hope this makes sense. I only have the big story line in my head but the rest I just make up as I go along, so this was definitely not planned.

And... (I swear this is the last ramble, lol) I have started watching Supernatural! It's so awesome! Does anyone else watch it? But sssh, no spoilers. I'm in season three now, hahaha... Only eight more seasons to go! I should have started it sooner...

 Only eight more seasons to go! I should have started it sooner

They seriously are, though. Sigh.