We're Getting There

Arwen glanced aside at her father, actually she wanted to run towards them but she knew that would be inappropriate since she was the oldest. She slightly shifted her weight from one foot to the other. They were finally here! Livianna caught her longing looks and smirked. It took Arwen a while to realise she was smirking at her.

"Shut up," she mouthed towards her sister, her cheeks burning up.

Norin noticed something, the three Dunedain were still a bit up ahead but then she saw there were others with them. Several other small ponies rode behind the Rangers.

"Hobbits?" she muttered when her Elf-eyes could make out their appearances.

"Hobbits..." Elrond concluded with a sigh. At least, it was better than Dwarfs.

"And a girl I don't know," Livianna added.

"Lindir," Elrond turned towards the Elf next to him. "Tell them to prepare more rooms and food." Lindir bowed and sprinted back inside the building.

When the group entered the courtyard, Arwen couldn't take it any longer and ran down the stone stairs. Her white dress and black hair were flowing behind her as she ran down, and Norin wondered how she managed not to tumble over the long skirt.

Aragorn jumped off of his horse and Arwen immediately jumped in his arms, hugging him tight and not even given him the chance to adjust to standing on the ground again. It had been far too long since they had last seen each other. Even though Aragorn was now King of Gondor, he still liked to travel around and Arwen still often visited Rivendell to see her family (Don't know if that even makes sense... Probably not. But this whole story makes no sense, so yeah).

"Ahw, aren't they cute," Varonwe teased them and he dismounted his horse as well.

Arwen peeked over Aragorn's shoulder. "It's nice to see you too." She rolled her eyes and placed one last kiss on Aragorn's lips.

Esmerelda covered her eyes. "Get a room you two!"

"Wait till you've got a boyfriend, sis," Merry said with a chuckle. She looked at him with an sceptical look in her eyes.

"You're suggesting I'll be like that then? Nonsense. Besides, I prefer a single life."

"Sure, talk to you in a few years."

"You're crazy."

"That'll make you twice as crazy."

"Ah, sibling love. I could watch this all day," Varonwe laughed.

Elrond cleared his throat and that's when they realised he and his other children had descended the stairs as well. "I see you've brought friends," he stated and Aragorn let go off of Arwen but still held her hand.

"We indeed did. We couldn't exactly refuse, it's a free land, My Lord."

Elrond nodded and his eyes flew past the others, observing them quickly. He remembered Merry and Pippin, of course, but the female Hobbit was unknown to him, just as the young woman who was standing a bit behind Varonwe, admiring her surroundings. Aragorn gave him their names, which snapped Victoria out of her thoughts and she made a reverence towards the Elven Lord.

Great first impression, she scolded herself but Elrond smiled kindly at her.

He spread his arms. "Welcome to Rivendell."

~*~*~*~*~

Phoenix walked past the Throne Hall and was already past the opening in the rocks when he realised what he had seen in the corner of his eye. He halted to a stop and slowly started to walk backwards, frowning slightly. He stopped in the front of the opening and took in what he saw in the middle of the Hall, at the end at the stairs hovering above the chasm.

"I thought he was in imprisoned?" he asked curiously - and quite hard since his voice had to reach the platform - and Caladhiel turned her attention towards the Prince.

"Phoenix!" she said relieved and he raised an eyebrow, why was she so happy to see him? "Where's King Thranduil?"

Phoenix pointed at the throne but it was empty. "Oh."

"Oh?" Narsil repeated. "That's all?"

"What?" Phoenix shrugged. "Usually he's right over there. How should I know where he is now? I could have sworn he lived in that chair."

Arianeth rubbed the sides of her head, she was getting really tired of this all. Not to mention; frustrated. "Do you think you can find him?"

Phoenix snorted. "Who do you think I am? A servant?"

Melwin shook her head and stalked away. "Don't worry, Arianeth. I'll search for him," she said over her shoulder and Phoenix followed her when she walked past him.

"What are you doing?" she asked him.

"Helping you finding my father."

"You're unbelievable."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Unbelievable."

~*~*~*~*~

They were hiding behind a huge hill of sand and just in case, they had protected their dragons with a spell so that they couldn't spot them. After all, the dragons were quite big and their scales reflected the sun; sending the strays back into the sky and being a beacon for whoever was nearby.

Cautiously, Eragon peeked over the hill; he could already spot the last ones of the army. But, where were they going? He observed everything what was happening, but he couldn't make much sense out of it. Arya crawled up as well and followed his gaze. She blinked a few times, afraid her eyes were messing with her because of the heat. Maybe she was hallucinating?

"They just walk..." Eragon started at a whispering tone.

"And then they disappear. Right on that spot." Arya was glad she wasn't the only one seeing it. If he saw it too, it was not a hallucination but some powerful magic.

"If it's an entrance, it leads to somewhere else. Who knows, maybe their hiding at the other side of the land."

Arya shook her head. "Then why let them march to the middle of the desert first? That just doesn't goes along together."

Eragon set his jaw and waited for the last one to disappear when he got up and shook the sand off of his clothes. It really goes everywhere... sand. Lovely...

"Let's follow them."

Arya hesitated, she didn't really wanted to follow them while they were only just a few minutes through it.

Eragon noticed it. "If we do not follow them now, we may lose their tracks."

"Yes, or walk straight into a full army. We do not know where it leads us to, we should at least wait for a few hours before we go after them. To take preparations as well."

His eyes stood confused as he glanced at her. "Preparations?"

"You just want to step through something we do not know what it is, without telling others where we are?" Arya couldn't help to cast a small smile when it was obvious to her it was exactly what his plan had been. "You really should think things through, Eragon."

"Yes... I have heard that before." He could hear Saphira chuckle inside his head and he crossed his arms. "Fine, we'll be patient and smart. Just as you want it."

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Crossover time...! Alagaesia and Middle Earth, two of my favourite stories combined.