The Stars are Falling - Part Six

Caladhiel sprang up and spinned around when she heard a sound behind her. She was still a bit dizzy because of the sudden blow, but Ayleen's sword was still tightly in her hand. Just in time she prevented herself from slashing down the Elf behind her. She breathed out in relief, she thought it was another one from those monsters and she had been ready to let it feel her revenge for Arianeth's death.

But it were just Elrohir and his twin Elladan.

"Where were you two?" she asked curiously while helping Arwen back on her feet. Arwen however, sprinted towards Aragorn who was a few feet away from them and made sure he was still breathing. The monster had hit him hard, but luckily, he was still alive. Though he complained his whole body hurt.

Elrohir mumbled something but Elladan chirped happily, "he tripped over a root and his foot got stuck in a hole in the ground. I had to help the poor bastard."

Elrohir's embarressment was spared when the night sky above them recoiled and rumbled...

~*~*~*~*~ (A/N: We all know it from there, yada yada yada, *mini time skip*) ~*~*~*~*~

Livianna reached for her sister's hand when the face in the sky stopped laughing. An eery silence fell over the forest, none tried to make a sound. Norin felt the familair form of Livianna's hand slide in her own, and the elleth reassuringly squeezed it. They were still here. No one got dragged away with the swirling wind from a few seconds ago. Only some trees had been less fortunate and got sucked into oblivion.

Norin pondered about their chances, could they make it to the Elven King's Hall? She doubted it, though; she barely had the guts to move. She was too afraid she would draw the creature's attention. Those illuminating purple eyes could see everything and they darted between the many of the crowd beneath him. At least, Norin suspected it was a he. She mentally shook herself, she couldn't freeze! Not now! Where was her courage when she needed it most?

"Is this all?" the face hummed. "No screaming? No begging? You'll just cooperate? I must admit I am kind of disappointed. I waited for so long, and this is all I get?"

Norin's shoulders jerked when Livianna spoke up from behind her. Again, she slapped herself. Don't be such a coward, she scolded herself.

"Perhaps if we knew who you are, you would get the propper reaction."

The face squinted its eyes and the bright light grew even stronger. The purple flames were dancing in his eyes. "I am Ummamrod!" It roared furiously, why didn't they remember him?! Was he not a story you would tell your children about? The monster under the bed? The living nightmare?

Livianna tapped with her index finger against her chin. "Nope, doesn't ring a bell."

Legolas, who was still standing on the stage, visibly paled. "Liv," he hissed at her. Why was she challenging him, Ummamrod?!

"How dare you, you filthy peasant!" They would feel his wrath! Ummamrod drew back his projection from the sky and closed his eyes. He was still hovering in the nothingness between the different dimensions but with the seals broken, he could feel every stick and stone in this world called Arda. O, for how long he have waited. He had been imprisoned in this black void for far too long. Even though his eyes were closed, he could see everything as clear as if it was right in front of him. He saw their fearful expression, he saw their trembling bodies. Every small movement they made; even the small pounding vein in the crook of their necks.

They started to run, but there was no where to run to. He could control everything and saw everything.

In fact, they were thrown at his mercy. But he had none.

~*~*~*~*~

Caligo jumped back on his feet and grinned when he recognised the deep voice in the distance. He used to talk to that voice in his dreams, but now, that no longer would be necessarily. His Master was free and he would be most grateful for Caligo's help. As He had promised.

He shook himself out of his thoughts and glanced around. Those useless Urgals were still lying on the ground. Too dumbfolded by the sudden blast that had thrown them backwards. "On your feet," Caligo snarled at them and the huge creatures stood up as well. Their armour and weapons clanked while in doing so.

They all ran back to where they had come from and Caligo noticed the few Urgals he had left behind in the tunnels, weren't even attacked yet. He found it hilarious; the ones that had seen them go into the cave system probably had had much trouble with fighting off the five Urgals. Perhaps some had even died. His army of Urgals would crush them, he was sure of it.

Caligo ran through the opening and was met with the six dead bodies. However, he could've sworn there had been three who had spotted them. Now, there stood several more on the clearing. But it wouldn't matter. Behind him was a legion of Urgals. And they were only with eight. In other words: greatly outnumbered.

He fixated his eyes upwards and saw the hoovering purple face in the sky. Caligo's pale jaw dropped a bit. He hadn't be sure what his Master had looked like, but He was much more ominous and powerful than he had expected. A shiver ran down his spine when the Master roared furiously. The menacing voice boomed through the sky and shook his bones and insides. Goosebump appeared on his body and the fine, blood red hairs in the back of his neck rised. He was really, really angry.

The Master drew back from the sky and suddenly the ground began to shake violently. Caligo fell down on his knees as it was impossible to keep standing on the ground that acted as if it was a treacherous sea. It rolled and twisted and without doubt, it made everyone nauseous in their stomach as they were swung back and forth.

Caligo muttered a spell under his breath and soared up in the air, higher and higher until he was above the tips of the trees. Cracks and gorges appeared beneath him and some of his army tumbled into the nothingness, screaming in fear. Caligo blinked a few times. But, the Master was supposed to be grateful! He had broken the seals for Him! And now He was killing his army? They should be spared! (Even though they were as useless as the rear of a donkey). Only Caligo himself was allowed to punish the Urgals.

The truth hit him hard. He had been deceived!

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Who recognises the name Ummamrod? :D

~*~*~*~*~