Sent Home

But it was terrible, my eyes now stinging and burning from staying awake my quills all frizzed and out of place, I felt like a zombie. I forgot about Shadow and only longed for sleep as I fought to keep my eyes open in class.

I walked out of the classroom as the bell rang slowly stumbling my way to make it to the next class, when suddenly I was pushed and thrown up against the wall. I grunted feeling myself slap against the brick and my tired eyes drifted up to meet neon red ones.

"Shadow." I growled.

"You look awful!" He stated with a smirk, "Saved me the trouble today then."

"Why did you do that yesterday?" I asked.

"Hm? What yesterday?" His ear twitched.

"You... You k-kisses me." I said angrily but not so loud not wanting others to hear. He wasn't going to pretend that it didn't happen was he!?

"No I didn't, I, I tripped into you..." His muzzle became pink and a sweat drop appeared by his forehead.

"That's a bunch of horse flies!" I yelled, "you tripped me and then pinned me against the wall and-" my vision suddenly went blurred and the room began to spin. The energy from yesterday's fight not replenished from lack of sleep finally fully caught up to me.

"Sonic?" Shadow's voice echoed as the world around me became black. There was no telling how long I was out but when I opened my eyes I was looking up at the ceiling lying on a bed. I was brought to the nurses' station.

"Your awake now?" The nurse said as she felt my head, "you shouldn't stay up so late, it really is bad for you."

"H-how did I get here?" I asked sitting up.

"Whoa now, I think you better stay in bed till your parents come. Another student carried you in." She said making me lay back down.

"Another student?"

"Yeah tan muzzle red stripes, chest fur." She said describing him. "Said y'all was talking out in the hall when suddenly you just passed out on him."

"Shadow?" I mumbled. What is with this guy!? First he hates me and makes my life a living hell and suddenly he kisses me and brings me to the nurse!?

"Wait my parents are picking me up?" I sat up again.

"Yes I called them and advised them to make sure you go home and get plenty of sleep and keep observation, we don't want that to happen again now do we?" She said pushing me back to lay down.

"No I can't leave yet!" I cried.

"I'm glad you'd like to finish out the day. You're a very good student, but for your safety and your friends peace of mind he and I would like it better if you went home and got some well-deserved rest."

Friend? Shadow my friend!? His peace of mind?! Does this hedgehog have anything like a peace of mind!? He's mental! Maybe bipolar! He's concerned about my safety!?

My head started to hurt again and I just lied there. My parents soon arrived my mother frantic about the fact I passed out.

"Are you able to walk?" Dad asked.

I swung my legs over stood out of the little bed. "I'm tired not paralyzed." I grumbled.

"Lose the attitude mister." Mom scolded and began to push me out of the room and out the building. As we walked out my eyes spotted Shadow sitting on the back of his motorcycle just relaxing while he should have been in class. He must have heard us come out and his head turned and our eyes confirmed our sighting of each other. He watched my mom and eyed my dad curiously and never took his eyes off of us while I was put in the car. Maybe I should have told my dad that he was the one that picked on me, yet also brought me to the nurse so I wouldn't be left lying in the hall to be trampled over by the rest of the students as they made their way to class.

That wouldn't sound right... He watched the car pull out and drive away. I wondered if maybe he was going to follow us. But he didn't. Which now that I think about it, I wouldn't want him to know where I lived.

We got home and mom fixed me lunch since I didn't eat at school and she let me lay on the couch to watch some tv is I wanted.

"Dad..." I sat up looking over at him just sitting on the seat.

His eyes looked up,"hm?"

"Have you ever kissed someone without their permission, like just surprised kissed them?" I asked.

His eyes showed those little carrot marks again, "not recently."

"But you have done it?" I asked.

"Yes I believe I have maybe once or twice a long time ago..."

"Why?" I asked.

His head tilted to the side, "Well, I don't know... Because I felt like it?" He tapped his chin in thought process, "it might have been a strong uncontrollable emotion the propelled me to act as I normally wouldn't."

"What happened after you realized what you did?"

"Oh I was a bit embarrassed, but I still liked it, and couldn't believe I done it. And she gave me a nice slap to regain my sense." He said in a laugh.

"Hmm..." I mumbled resting back on my pillow on the couch. A strong emotion to take over and make you do things... If over whelming anger makes you act out in violence then a string emotion of love would cause you to act out in... Romance??

Would that mean that Shadow l-loved me!? No way! That doesn't make sense! No maybe he did it to mess with my head... Yeah that sounds more right. He knew I would be confused and it would bug me and keep me up and bother me, now he didn't have to torment me because I was doing it to myself!!

"Why do you ask son?" Dad asked watching me.

"Oh I uh... Was just wondering..." I said curling up on the pillow my eyes began to feel tired again. I wasn't going to think about shadow anymore, that's what he wanted me to do. To rack my brains and torture myself with the thought of what mind game he was playing. I finally went to sleep.