He Looks Like Me

Mom didn’t want me to leave her side. My back pressed against hers in the small twin sized bed as we stayed quite listening to the silence.

“Sonic?” She whispered, “Are you still awake?”

“Yes.” I nodded although I was feeling very tired and getting sleepier by the second.

“How do you think its going?” She asked.

“I’m sure it’s fine mom.” I said. This is the tenth time she asked.

It was at least eleven when she finally worried herself to sleep. My eyes burned watching the walls I don’t see how Shadow could stay away for days at a time. I was tired but I just couldn’t get to sleep. I snuck out of the room shutting the door slowly not to wake mom. And found my way back to the lobby after a few elevator rides and getting lost. Rouge sat on one of the lobby sofas with a cellphone.

“Hey what are you doing up?” Her head came up when she heard my footsteps.

“I can’t sleep.” I answered with a sigh and sat next to her. “What are you doing?”

“Calling for pizza.” She snickered.

“They deliver in space?” My eyes widened that’s some hard core service, I’d defiantly give a hefty tip if they could do that.

She laughed, “No of course they don’t! But it messes with them when they put the address in their GPS.”

Figures they wouldn’t actually deliver out in space…

“Want to go check in on Shadow with me?” She stood up flipping the cellphone down and put it away.

I got up with her, “You bet I do.”

We went to the elevator and stepped inside.

“Are you creeped out by this place?” She asked turning to me and rocking on her heels.

“Yeah a little.” I shrugged, “It’s okay for the most part though. Just knowing so many people died here…”

“Yeah I was too when I first came here. It made the fur on my neck stand straight up. And Shadow hadn’t fixed it up like it is now either. There were lights handing from the ceiling and ripped wall paper and half the electricity didn’t work, it was all dark and just flat out scary looking!” She shivered with the memory. We came from the elevator and walked down the corridor towards the lab where Shadow was working.

“Was there blood?” I asked.

“Hm, no not that I could see in whatever parts were lit up. I’m sure they had a cleaning crew shortly after the shooting and they cleared all the bodies out. GUN likes to cover their tracks especially when they’re in the wrong, they clean it up like nothing ever happened and deny what they’re trying to be accused of.”

I looked around, for any traces. It’s not that I wanted to see any but it’s just hard to believe something so awful actually happened. We finally arrived at the door and Rouge knocked on it softly.

“Yyep?” Shadow answered from behind it.

“Hey everything okay in there.” She pressed her ear against the door, “Do you need any help?”

“Everything is coming along…. Perfectly.” He said sounding a bit bored and irritated.

“Are you sure?” I asked grabbing for the door handle and popped the door open a crack to look in.

“Yeah it’s fine…”

“Well what are you doing?” I asked angered he wasn’t telling me exactly what was going on.