Rainbow Tag and FOOD FIGHT

After everyone got settled into their cabins we all met outside in a group with the only three chaperons that saw it much needed that these schooled adults needed to be looked after.

“Welcome seniors and friends! Graduation is just around the corner and we’ll spread our wings and fly into the ‘real world’.” A curly blond bear with shining blue eyes faced the group.

“Tch, real world? As if the state we’re living in right now is any more fiction than the one we’ll be living after graduation.” Shadow grumbled crossing his arms and shifting his weight on his feet.

“As much as I can’t wait to give my graduation speech, and be out on my own in this adult world, I can’t help but feel I’m leaving the true imaginative fun and carefree child I once was. Growing up has its perks but it also has a lot of serious responsibilities, and we often forget how to have fun and just laugh.” She went on not hearing Shadow’s negative comment. “Although we are all proud of the maturity we’ve gained and will keep for the rest of our lives this may be the only chance we get to goof around and have fun like the childhood days we remember, and if is the only three days we get, then so be it! Let the games begin, and enjoy the time before we are mature adults forever.”

Everyone clapped and cheered for her speech after she bowed and joined with her friends. It had even put a smile on my face making my stomach flutter with excitement, she’s right, we weren’t kids anymore. I can’t remember the last time I played with any of my toys from when I was very small, or if I still had any for that matter. When had I stopped being interested in my action figures and few stuffed animals to cuddle with at night, the little green toy soldiers I’d spend hours with pretending they were on a top secret mission, or hooking those weird little red monkeys that came in a barrel in a link around the house, just spending hours in worlds my mind created for my toy characters… when had I stopped being so, well creative? I grew up and didn’t even see it happening, but when I thought about picking up a toy again to play with it, it would just feel awkward and I don’t think I’d be able to do it anymore.

Despite the memories it brought back for a lot of us, Shadow didn’t seem at least a little moved by her speech. He just stood with his arms crossed looking bored and annoyed.

“What was your favorite game as a kid?” I asked turning to get his attention.

“Um… I don’t have a favorite.” He answered seeming with no real thought into the question.

“Well did you play anything as a kid?” I asked.

He seemed to get a memory, making his sad and mumbled, “She liked cards…”

“What, who liked cards.”

“Never mind.” He shook his head, “I don’t like games.”