Telling Lies

"I'm really sorry you guys had to come up to the school... Again." I said looking at dad.

"It isn't your fault Son." Dad said petting my head. He looked behind him making sure mom was still in the kitchen and looked back at me, "while we were in the office, I was reading that boys signals."

"Oh?" My ears perked up interested.

"He looked calm and relaxed, and acted as if he had some respectable manners." He said. I nodded; I didn't even know Shadow was anything like a respectable manner able person.

"His heat signature spiked off the charts, with rage and anger. I don't understand how he wasn't tearing up the room."

"Really?"

"Mhm. Although the rest if his signals were all over place. He isn't stable... I really want you to stay away from him..." He said.

"Oh... Yeah." I pinned my ears back. I tried to avoid him already as much as possible but it never works out.

"Does he do this to anyone else?" Dad asked.

I shrugged, "Well he's actually very anti-social, so he tries to stay away from people as much as he can. He has a small group of friends... Who don't seem to favor him either."

"Hmm... Not to make you uncomfortable, but I think he likes you."

Oh thank goodness I wasn't drinking I would have spit it all over the place is not choking on it. But come to think of it... He DID kiss rape me in the ally... And insisted in carrying me to the nurse, and blushed when I confronted him about what happened...

"Well uh, what makes you think that?" I asked feeling a little nervous.

"Sometimes when someone likes someone else, but they are unable to express their feelings whatever the reason may be, it turns to anger. He's dangerous, unstable and I wouldn't recommend being around him, but I think he just wants your attention."

"M-my attention?" This was embarrassing, why am I blushing?

"Boys! Lunch is ready come and get it!" Mom chimed from the kitchen. Dad and I got up to go to the table. I was still trying to get my face to turn back to its normal color trying to side track my mind.

Dad sat at the table just to join while mom served herself and me.

"I swear Jules I would have taken that boy to court." Mom started before she began to eat, "no one touches my son, and I don't know why you let him get away with it."

My ears went down. Was this going to be the while subject while we were at the table?

"We don't know this boy hon, for all we know his home life is a living hell, now to put him through court and an alternative school..."

Mom just grumbled taking a big bite out if her chili dog. I wasn’t worried about eating right now, I was thinking.

Dad was right, we don't know much about Shadow, he works for GUN and that alone sounds like the seventh circle of hell.

"Maybe he doesn't have anyone." Dad continued, "Notice how the school called us to Sonic's defense but there was no one for him."

That's true as well. I suddenly felt like crying again, poor Shadow... Maybe his parents were hardly there for him, maybe they didn't care, they were so uninvolved with him.

I saw his look when he first saw my parents. At first I thought that funny look was just because not everyone has a father who needs to be a robot to still keep alive, but now I'm thinking that it was because he saw the way they reacted when I was hurt and in need of care. That when I was pushed down they were here to pick me back up no matter what happened and how defensive they became when they found he was the one who was hurting me.