Meeting For Pizza

I met with Amy after school.  My mind was still on Shadow, recalling that name he yelled out as if screaming bloody murder.

"Look I fixed my hammer!" Amy said when I stood quiet for over 2 minutes.

"Oh, uh that's nice Amy." I said trying to sound interested.

She smiled brightly despite my obvious fail to sound intrigued.

"Thanks for taking up for me back there." She said and held my hand snuggling close into me.

"It wouldn't have happened if you would have left him alone." I grumbled.

"What do you mean!? Your saying I caused it!?" She then kept away from me, "I was Just trying to take up for you! He was being a total prick!"

"Amy, he was just tired and having a bad day." I said, "He doesn't like for others to care about him, I don't think he thinks he's worth their worry."

"That doesn't give him the right to be an asshole about it." She insisted on arguing.

"It does, this isn't just one night missed out in sleep, he doesn't sleep for weeks on end."

"Why the hell does he do that?" She asked still annoyed that I was on Shadow's side and not hers but was concerned.

"I'm sure it isn't voluntary..." I shook my head. The only reason I could think of was those night terrors similar to the one he had today.

"Well, I have to go my bus is here." She said beginning to walk away and waved.

"Hey!" Rouge's voice came from above.

"Oh, hi." I said watching her land next to me, "Shadow wasn't in his other classes after lunch. Is he okay?"

I shrugged, "He ran off when he woke up."

"Another one of those..." She frowned and sighed.

"He has nightmares a lot?" I asked.

She nodded and began to take he leave, "Well thanks Sonic. Hope to have you with us on the senior trip." She waved with a smile before leaving.

Crap I forgot I had to convince my parents to let me go! I took off running for home. Only I didn't want to be home just yet. I wanted to make sure Shadow was okay first. I ducked into a corner store taking out my phone and hesitantly dialed his number.

After 4 rings and no answer I was about to hang up, not willing to leave another awkward and unplanned voice mail. But then the phone made a click sound followed by his voice.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Shadow!" I almost squealed, "I was so worried about you when you left after you had that bad dream. Are you okay?"

"... I'm fine. Like always."

"No I mean it Shadow." I said sternly, "I want to know."

He sighed, "Where are you? Can you meet me somewhere?"

"I'm at the 'Stop n Go' corner store just taking a rest, but yeah I'll meet you somewhere."

"Okay, there's a pizzeria two blocks south from your location. Meet me there."

"Oh? Okay!" I said after hanging up the phone. I should call and let my parents know I would be home late. I dialed my home number.

"Sonic where are you? You was supposed to be home already!" Mom was on the phone already worried.

"Hi mom." I smiled, "actually I, well there was some last minute arrangement plans with- uh, a 'friend'!"

"Oh?"

"Yeah. So if it's okay can I stay out a little late?"

"I don't know... It's a school night." She mumbled.

"Ah let him go honey." I heard dad in the back ground.

She sighed, "Okay but don't be back too late. Call me if you run into any trouble. Stay away from black hedgehogs with red strips, and don't go near that GUN city."

Well that bites, I hate to worry her especially going against her word about stuff, and she’s only trying to protect me... But Shadow needs me. I know he does, even if he doesn't show it or want to admit it.

"You and your friends have a good time sweetie okay? Love you!~"

"Love you too mom. Bye." I hung up the phone. After putting it away I took off for the pizza place to meet Shadow.