Chapter Seven

(Skylar's POV)

After we were all done eating and acting like complete idiots, everyone but Zane left. I felt as if he and I needed to spend a bit more time together. I was always with Haven and he was always with Arianna. He was really cool, and I loved him to death. In a friendly manner of course. My feelings for him aren't any stronger than that.

"So, what are we going to do on our Epic-Zane-And-Skylar-Day-Of-Awesomeness?" he asked. He was pretty enthusiastic about our day together. Then again he did have a crush on me.

"Let's go to the park." I said. i grabbed his hand and practically ran out my front door. The park was literally right down the ally from my house. It took about two minutes to get there, if that. Depends on how fast you walk I suppose, and let me tell you, Zane did not like to walk very fast. However, we eventually arrived at the part, thirty-seven seconds later than I had wanted. Yes, that's specific, I know. 

I ran up to the swings and jumped on it.

"Push me!" I yelled to Zane, acting as if I was six years old. It was always nice to be immature at times.

"No!" He protested. I shot him a look. He rolled his eyes and made his way over to me. Of course, he started pushing me on the swing. I giggled as I went higher and my hair flew around. This joy didn't last long though, because he stopped. Guess he got tired? Who knew. When I got low enough, I jumped off the swing, hoping to stick the landing.

I tripped and face-planted the grass. Being the ass he is, Zane laughed. And laughed. And laughed. 

I got up and rolled my eyes. Suddenly, my phone vibrated. It was a text from an unknown number. I looked at my phone, questioning if I should read it or not. I decided to. It was a multimedia message. I opened it, and my jaw dropped. Is that Arianna with another guy? Yes. Yes it is. 

"Zane! Get your ass over here!" I screamed. He knew it wasn't in a good way, because he looked at me from the bouncy things, I still have no idea what the proper name for those things is, and took his time walking over. I rolled my eyes, and he finally got here.

"Sweetie, you aren't going to like this. And I'm going to have to be sympathetic later, so I'm going to say this now." I said softly.

"I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!!!" I screamed at him. He looked shocked and confused, so I showed him the video Heather sent me. I didn't read the text until after the video, but hey, that's what floats my boat. 

"I-I can't believe sh-she would d-do this." He stuttered, fighting tears. I felt bad, so i gave him a tight hug and let him cry on my shoulder.

"I told you she was bad news, darling. Looks like we were both dealing with unknown cheaters." Ironic. I just realized that the day Analeise and I break up, Zane finds out Arianna is cheating on him. Looks like Lee and Ari would be a perfect match made in Hell.

"You don't know true pain until you've been cheated on." he sobbed. Oh, how wrong he was. I looked him in the eyes, probably looking hurt myself. I was though. His words 'you don't know true pain until you've been cheated on' sort of hurt. I know that's not true, because I've delt with one far worse situation than Analeise cheating on me. I haven't thought about it for months until now.

---Flashback---

It's May, just after the end of the school year, and I'm loving life. Good friends, good neighbours, good everything. I just woke up, at two in the afternoon of course, and looked at my phone. One new message from my neighbour, Daamon.

Daamon: Hey Sky. Game night along with Vince's birthday party tonight. You coming?

Me: Of course! I loved going to game nights. It was pretty much every Saturday, and most of the time, we were drinking. Since it was Vince's birthday, I knew there would be more alcohol than usual. I was excited. I texted Sean, seeing if he wanted to come. He said yes, and he was bringing his brother and sister. I asked Daamon if that was alright, and it was. Excellent.

A couple hours later I got ready. I was always the first one there, since I lived twenty seconds away. I had on my light blue skinny jeans, a black tanktop, and a blue tanktop  that matched the skinny jeans over the black one. I looked pretty damn good. I went over, and just talked. I loved being here. I trusted this man with my life. 

Later on, Sean and his siblings showed up, along with Vince. We were all already drinking, having a good time and all. throughout the night, I got really drunk. I never knew vodka was this strong? It never was before. Sean's siblings left, Sean was passed out on the couch, and there was no way in hell i could stay awake any longer. I fell asleep on the matress under the staircase. 

I woke up a few hours later very sore in the lower region. I thought I had just slept wrong or something. Idiotic, I know. I sort of limped back to my place and fell back asleep.

--

A couple days later, Daamon and his girlfriend, who I was really close to, broke up. She and I went to McDonalds together to discuss what happened. Turns out he was not who I thought he was. He was into younger girls, said this fifteen-year-old killer was his 'soul mate' and once she turned eighteen, he wanted nothing to do with her. She asked if he had ever tried anything on me, and I finally pieced it together.

Daamon was the only one awake when I passed out that night.

Daamon was more touchy-feely than usual. I thought it was just the alcohol.

I woke up really sore.

I started getting very flirty texts from him.

He told me he wanted me.

He told me he needed me.

He raped me. 

Then, that was it. I broke down and I cried, not caring who stared. I can't believe I just figured this out. And somehow, he figured out what I had said because not too long after mine and Alex's conversation, he started carrying a knife on him. I was terrified to leave my house. I couldn't even peacefully go out and smoke a cigarette without worrying if he was going to kill me. I thought my life was at stake.

-----Reality-----

"Sky, breath! Breath!" Zane had instructed. I eventually caught my breath. I looked Zane in the eyes and he looked worried. I ran home and into my house. 

Of course, my mother still wasn't here. Good. I got into my bathroom and cried. I couldn't help it. I haven't thought about that day in over two months. Why did I have to remember it now? I took off my bracelettes and gloves. Frantically, I searched for my blade. The blade I hadn't used in so long. I found it tapped to the bottom of my tissue box. Who would think to look there?  I took it off, and slid the razor across my wrist. One cut, two cuts, then three. Then four, then five, then six. That was the last one. The first one was the deepest, and the other ones weren't that bad. I still let the tears flow though. 

I was about to cut a bit more. That is, until I heard a knock at my bathroom door.